Wednesday, April 12, 2017

4/12/17 Keep Throwing Bills At Me?

    We are trying to become fiscally responsible and not use our credit cards anymore.  We have decided to keep one for emergency purposes, but even that one is not doing great right this second.  Why does everything pile on at the same time?  I freaking hate that.
    I was sure that we had our bills under control, and maybe we do, but something new always pops in and screws up our greatest laid plans.  Just from the start of this year, every time I think the hemorrhaging has just about stopped, Wife reminds me we still have to pay for this or that.  We refinanced the house finally last year and I want to make sure our payment doesn't creep up like it does annually.  Come January, we get a notice that either we pay this $815 overage for our escrow or our monthly payment is going up like $65 a month.  Fine.  Then we have to pay our annual HOA fee of $530. 
    I've been seeing a doctor at the Wound Clinic and I thought I had paid my part, I sent him a check for over $600, but that just covered from September to December.  I've been ignoring the newer bill and it continues to grow.  I also have to pay my copayment which is $50 a week, every month has been $200 more.  So the doc tells me I need a plastic surgeon which scares the crap out of me because it sounds expensive.  The good thing is I have a cap of $4000 and because I have been seeing the Wound clinic so much, I only have $1300 more that they can charge me for the surgery before I am in the 100% covered.  Everybody is taking their cut, the surgeon wants to be paid before the surgery, the anesthesiologist also called wanting their 20% copay.
    This wouldn't even be that big of a deal if we didn't also have to pay the IRS $3200 by April 18, which is about a week away.  The only thing helping us is our renters which are allowing me to keep sending our one credit card $1300 a month plus we decided to keep Boy's IRS return to help offset ours.  I figure we pay for his SUV, we pay for his gas, his insurance, that Boy owes us.
    We had plans to go to Disney, but there just hasn't been any extra money to save up and do it right.  I am hoping that after the surgery, if all goes well, we will start having some extra money.  But then again, I am sure we are going to be paying for Boy's tuition classes like we always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment