Thursday, March 9, 2017

3/9/17 Divorce Is Higher In Couples Where Men Do more Housework?

    A story came out today on Facebook about marriage longevity and how much men help out around the house.  The study came out of Norway and states that the more men contribute to chores the higher the divorce rate.  I personally have always tried to do my fair share.  It is odd right now because Wife doesn't live at the house and I cannot expect her to show up Friday night and clean up after us.  That being said, we both have different ideas of a clean house.  I want the kitchen clean so we don't get roaches and ants in the house.  This means the dishes don't stay in the sink overnight, we put away food in the fridge or at least cover it if it doesn't require refrigeration.  The next thing I concern myself is with the clothes.  I start washing normally on Thursday nights, so most everything has been washed by the time Wife comes up.  After that, it is easy, we should all be responsible for our bedrooms, and then we vacuum as needed.  I hate the sound of the vacuum, so I avoid it as much as possible, but Wife would have it on as background music, if it was up to her.  If she yells about doing something, it is vacuuming.
    When she was living at home, I admit I did less than I do, but I work more hours and she was home more.  Occasionally she would complain, and so I got better at ignoring her whines.  Sorry, but as much as I would love it, we will not have a magazine beautiful house with the young Turd Nuggets living with us.  Those two little shits don't care about clean.  Plus, as the man of the house and bigger contributor financially, I thought I was doing more than my half of the family work.
    I do have three friends who have both gone through a divorce and both used to tell me how they used to do all of the housework so their spouse would have an easier time.  My thought as I was gagging was always "for what?"  Their explanation was the same, their wives work and they get home tired, "yeah, I'm tired too."  These were two good guys and both were taken by surprise when their significant others walked out on them, so maybe there is something to the article.  Wife could cheat on me, but it isn't going to be while I'm scrubbing the toilet making the bathroom smell lemony fresh.  If she does, it'll be while I am at work, like a man, making money for the family.  If she can betray me at that point, then she deserves all that comes her way. 
    You can see where and who my boys would choose.  I sit like a king with my boys on either side of me.  They just wait to strike if I give the command, like trained beasts from hell.  If I take the chains off of Boy, you will get at least a "Fuck" headed your way as he methodically breaks you down with the quivers from his mouth.  But if I unleash The Beast of Beasts, watch out ladies, he has perfected the elbow to the chest.  Plus 230 pounds in the shape of a 5 foot fireplug coming at you low will probably knock you over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment