Wednesday, March 15, 2017

3/16/17 Staycation It Is?

    Like it or not, this Spring Break is turning into a staycation, as the people are calling it these days.  We almost made plans to go to the coast, but my mom had a hard time finding a place to take the RV's too.  Add to that the fact that my leg is still not fixed and the whole thing fell apart.  It did not help that the weather was crappy through the weekend.  Even today, although it has been sunny, the wind has still put a chill in the air.
    So we find ourselves home, not a bad thing, I love my house and being here isn't confining like it was in our old house.  I have napped, cleaned, rearranged furniture.  Wife cut the grass in the front, cleaned the pantry, yelled at the boys to do this and that, all good times.
    Tomorrow, we will take a road drive as we head to San Antonio for the day.  It is my father in law's birthday and we are going to go meet them at Pappadeaux, where Wife's younger sister works and we get a 25% discount.  For those who have not been, the restaurant is top notch.  They serve a Cajun Louisiana menu which is heavy on fish and shellfish animals.  Last time we went I ate like 13 different fish and animals, they do a crazy job of mixing the food up.
    Since we got a new roommate yesterday, we spent part of the day cleaning up the guest room downstairs.  We had a bunch of boxes laying all along the edge of the room which we have stacked in the garage for now.  I was just reminded by Wife his closet is full of bins from upstairs, I shoved them in there when I was making room for Girlie's clothes upstairs.  We are now officially booked.  If I had a vacancy sign on the window, I would turn on the little No.  The revenue coming in will pretty much pay for my medical expenses that are stacking up on my credit cards.
    After we spend Thursday with my in-laws, we will have three more days of Spring Break.  I am not sure what we will do with the free time, but I would still love to go to some body of water and fish for an afternoon.  I saw my Wife's nephew fishing by some new lake and I have not fished in quite a while.  At this point, I would enjoy hanging out on the shore of some random lake or even a river.  Knowing how we are though, if this happens, it will be on Canyon Lake after we go and check out the RV we have parked on our lot out there, although I can't complain, it is actually a very scenic and pretty lake.  The water is deep enough in parts to look bluish green.
    The end of Spring Break, Sunday will have us saying bye to our Woman as she heads back down for another stint in La Pryor.  She was told to apply for a job at AISD where the person doing it is retiring.  I am hoping she can land it and head back up here next school year.  Oh well, we still have a few more holidays, such as Easter to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment