Wednesday, March 22, 2017

3/22/17 Guide To Dating My Progeny?

    I was without ideas to write tonight and then Wife suggested I do this.  I haven't been real strict as far as who Boy dated, but he has hit a wall and it has been about two years of him being without a girlfriend.  If there is one rule which I mention to them is that this person should be making you happy and excited to be around her.  The right person should fit and blend well with your personality and the people who exist in your daily life.
    If you are constantly disagreeing and having fights about minimal shit, like what movie to watch or what to eat, how are you going to get past harder issues later, like where should we live?  Getting past that, I find it important that the parents of the girl like you, you are going to be spending time with one of their most valuable "things" on the planet, you should feel like they trust you.
    I would want someone with the same goals and aspirations, such as since Boy is going to school, I would want a girl interested in higher education as well.  As they say, birds of a feather, stick together.  This doesn't need to be so, since relationships can work with just one of the individuals interested in school.  This is how it worked with my parents, even their first move away to Corpus Christi where I was born was chiefly so my mom could finish her schooling at Kingsville A&I. 
    In this day and age though, having both being graduates should help financially, eventually.  Another thing to consider is if both are aligned with the same number of kids.  Some people are stuck in that mindset of needing 4-6 kids which just automatically makes things harder.  You end up needing a bigger house and more food, and more clothing, and this is all a drain on the family income.  I have constantly told both boys that 1-2 is ideal.  To notice how much we spoil them, if there were more kids that wouldn't be as easy.  Boy says he is not even interested in kids, which is the same thing I used to say.  Chubs is more loving and he says that some day he would like some kids, but you never know.
    Basically, I will be happy if the girls that come into our boys lives have the same energy they have and that they are doers and motivated with their own dreams.  Last thing I want in my house is another freeloader looking for me to feed and support.  Since Boy seems fairly happy and focused on his schooling, I will not force any issues on him that maybe he should explore dating right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment