Monday, March 27, 2017

3/28/17 Having Mondays Off?

    I still don't know how I feel about having my day off on Monday instead of Friday on the long week.  I like that because the boys are in school, there is no pressure for me to do anything that requires leaving the house.  Today, for example, I did wake up early, Chubs has to be in school by 7:30am for additional tutoring for this big test coming up on Wednesday.  He is in sixth grade, but because he is in the Einstein program, he is taking the eighth grade test this week.
    I still am also going to the Wound Care Clinic to have my leg looked at and bandaged every week on Mondays.  Since my appointment is set at 8:30am, I dropped off Chubs at 7:30am and headed to the HEB right on the next block.  I got a few different meat selections and assorted other goodies, like the iced oatmeal cookies and some bananas which Chubs enjoys with his breakfast.  Knowing I was headed to the doctor's office, I took a cooler and put all the meat in it.  I got to the clinic at about 8:00am and was still the first customer seen by the staff.  This is the first time I might have gotten some sort of infection, the gash has been hurting since last week after the wrapping fell apart on me.  I did notice and told the nurse that I didn't see her include the silver layer she usually adds after the layer of collagen.  It did not seem like a problem, she said since I hadn't had any infection all along, but there you go.
    I stopped and picked up the prescription, went home, had a cup of coffee, read up on all things our bumbling president has been up to, ate a light breakfast and headed upstairs to take a nap.  If I had anything better to do, I might fight the sleep and work on being productive, but I didn't feel like cleaning.  I woke up in time to pick up Chubs, came home and started to get grill ready to BBQ.  I probably had grill going by 5:00pm and was grilling by 5:30pm.  We had baked potatoes, chicken breasts, sausages, beef strips (almost long enough to make a taco each), and pork tenderloins in patty shapes.  Chubs has gotten into the habit of adding a little pasta, he likes to cook and participate this way.  I let him handle the macaroni and cheese.
    I don't know what happens to the time, but we finished eating around 8:30pm, Chubs had already showered, I cleaned up the kitchen, and the two other boys disappeared into their rooms.  Girlie was gone all afternoon with a coworker friend who's father passed away.
    I managed to wash a load of clothes, every time I look in the wash room, the floor is loaded with dirty clothes, and caught up with more YouTube videos of the goings on in Washington DC.  But I guess with Wife living three hours away, any free time is going to kind of suck.  I really miss the days when we headed to the lake for an afternoon of relaxation.  Nowadays, it seems like all we do is work.

No comments:

Post a Comment