Sunday, March 12, 2017

3/13/17 Does The Brazilian Steakhouse Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight?

    My family is in town for a couple days and when my sister comes, she likes to go fancy and suggest nice restaurants.  We hadn't been in a while so it seemed about time for the Brazilian Steakhouse in the Arboretum, Estancia Churrascaria.  They all do not like eating late so Wife made reservations for 2:00pm. 
    Knowing we were going to pig out Sunday afternoon, I got up around 10:00am and drank some coffee and sat around the kitchen to discuss, argue, complain, and listen with my peeps.  Wife finally pulled the plug on my morning fun, calling me up by phone to come upstairs to the bathroom and take a shower around 12:30pm.  I did as I was told, showered and dressed without any problems and was ready to go by 1:10pm.  I decided to take the scenic route around west Austin through highway 360.  It is really a different Austin when you get out there past the mall on MoPAC.  My mom and dad rode with us and they were surprised at how pretty it is with the hills and so many houses just hanging on the edges of the hills.  I was expecting more boats on Lake Austin as we passed over the brown scenic bridge, but there was at least one boat doing its thing right down the middle of the river.  We then got to the restaurant right before 2:00pm, had a little trouble deciding where to park since the parking lot was mostly empty.
    They seemed to be waiting for us, and sat us down immediately.  They seemed to have given us a slightly bigger table than necessary for the ten of us, but it gave us the ability to stretch and not feel confined.  After ordering drinks, the waiter offered 3-4 different waters, I blankly said "I'll take the free variety, I don't care if it is from the hose outside.  I will also take a tea."  We were then free to move about the room and head to the salad.  I got a few things which I know I like.  The waldorf salad is always good with its little pieces of apple, but who are we kidding?  We come here for the meat and I noticed Chubs on the other end of the table start before the rest of us.  He flipped his little card over and started getting meat while I was halfway through my salad, and we could hear him ordering some of the stuff to be cooked medium well.
    The rest of the meal was a smorgasbord of different meats.  I really love the sirloin cuts, but the rest of them I could take it or leave it.  The sausage is just OK, the chicken seemed a little dry.  Although the big beef ribs were good, they also seemed excessively fatty.  I noticed Wife stop eating abruptly after a while and reading her cues I slowed down and then kind of lost my appetite.
    We were there another 40-50 minutes and I was not having a good time.  I was full, I went to the bathroom, I felt dirty and just wanted to come home and shower.  Wife drove, and I was asleep as soon as we hit MoPac to head back this way.  This restaurant is more than a meal, it is an event.

No comments:

Post a Comment