Saturday, March 25, 2017

3/25/17 Am I On The Wrong Side?

    Although it seems like a long time, the Trump administration has only been in charge for sixty days.  If he has done one thing is make the common citizen much more interested in politics and what is going on in Washington DC.  I have kept up with the big points, but with Trump I find myself reading and reviewing from both sides.  I can't accept the idea that I could be cheering for the wrong side and as passionately as my brother and some coworkers defend his actions, I keep telling myself, maybe I am missing something.
    First off, my position is socially liberal, I don't think the government should tell me what I can and can't do.  You define the social rules, keeping the bible out of it, as much as possible, and I will do my best to play within the lines.  I have never done drugs, rarely drink, nor do I gamble or abuse people.  If I want to sit in my hot tub and play grab ass with whoever, that should be for Wife and I to discuss, not the city council or whatever group of Sunday Bible thumpers.
    Second, on the hot issue of healthcare, I think if every other major country has managed to provide some sort of healthcare plan for all their citizens, then we should manage the same.  What kind of chicken shit attitude if someone gets cancer, we're supposed to turn our backs on them and what pray for them?  If we all pay in, then it becomes more equitable.  Now that Obamacare has spread and so many are covered, the idea of taking it away from 16 million or more Americans sounds stupid.  Trump needs better understanding of what "BETTER" means.  His new plan would cover less people and cost more.  Older people would surely feel it more than younger people, and of course there was the necessary tax cuts for the wealthy, because that's what you do.
    Thirdly, someone take away his tweeter ability, it isn't helping him at this point.  With no proof of Obama "wiretapping his lines", even with FBI director Comey testifying, Trump will not back down.  Instead of putting this behind him, he is going to drag it along like an albatross around his neck for his full term? 
    So is Trump a monster, or just a selfish billionaire in charge?  I am not sure, but I cannot get behind him.  He wants to make the US an isolationist country.  That might sound like a good idea, but I don't believe we can go from world's police to keeping to ourselves.  The great Wall of America will cost billions, if it is ever made, and Mexicans will still climb over it or go under it, no big deal, so why spend the money out in the dessert?  He keeps having these rallies like he is in campaign mode, but why?  Get that old ass to your office and work.  So far, you have a failed healthcare plan you were not prepared to tackle, twice you've been vetoed on your flight ban.  Sixty days?  what is your biggest win, what bs are you feeding these dimwits that keep showing up to your circus events?  Like I said, I might be missing something, but unless Trump starts conjuring up something magical, he is just another straight up con man.  Idiots, quit bringing up Hillary, your man won, did we?

No comments:

Post a Comment