Tuesday, March 21, 2017

3/21/17 Spring Break Was Not Restful?

    This Spring Break was not one I would call restful.  I enjoyed most parts of it, but coming back to work always hits you in the face.  My folks were in town and I do love seeing them, but they do love to burn energy arguing over nothing.  We danced and took jabs at each other.  I usually like to bait them and laugh at their responses, but they seemed to have lost their funny bones somewhere along the way.  Other than that, I do enjoy getting up early and going to eat a good Mexican breakfast.  We did on Tuesday morning, before my sister and her family took off, we enjoyed eating at Casa Garcia.  I love a good barbacoa taco, or any taco really.
    We also managed to eat at the Brazilian Steakhouse, Johnny Carino's Italian, and enough other places that I am starting to think our own stove doesn't work anymore.  Thursday night, we even managed to slip in Pappadeaux in San Antonio for my father in law's birthday.  It was a bit of a hassle, driving out there, but I did get to go see Moretti's Jewelry store where they sell high end watches.  They had some of the Rolex watches I've been looking at in magazines and videos that they can't seem to get here at Ben Bridge in our mall.  They carry the Patek Philippe line of watches, but those bad boys start at over $20,000.  I still think the Rolex watches look like what they represent.  The Patek watches looked dainty and I don't think they would stand the test of time.
    Wife was here for the full week, starting her Spring Break by applying for a couple of jobs she was told about.  I kind of want her back in town, having her home for awhile reminds me of how we are supposed to be.  Still, I know that what she is doing is for our future and the experience she is getting will serve her in making her more valuable in the near future.  We've been talking about it and considering all the responsibilities, we both think she is due a hefty raise if she is to continue down there.  She is basically playing mother for the whole district, being the firm hand that says no to everyone.
    I thought I was going to have an extra day, as I am supposed to be training Tuesday through Friday, but my trainer is taking the rest of this week off, and she told me to come in Monday, she was coming in before leaving the rest of the week.  I feel like my break was one day short, that one day where I would take to myself and relax.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment