Wednesday, March 15, 2017

3/15/17 Maybe Austin Has Ruined Me?

    My brother doesn't usually say much.  When he does he has that Alex Jones barking  in a low octave that irritates me right away.  I don't doubt he might have more useless information than me.  I am surprised whenever he lets out with any emotion at all.  This weekend I pushed his last nerve and he let me have it.  He said that I didn't matter anyway, I was a liberal and a degenerate.  I was honestly not expecting this and was very much caught by surprise.  He is a big time Trump supporter.  I've tried joking  about Trump and he does not find it funny at all.  He is quick of course to block everything I say with a "but Hillary Clinton this and Benghazi that.  I tried saying Hillary could be another eight years like under Billy.  It was great, no wars, who cares if he got laid by some chunky gals, he brought down the deficit.  You would have thought I insulted his mother.  He started with Somalia and just kept going.  He blamed Obama for keeping up the expenditures in Iraq and Afghanistan.  I said those were George Bush's wars, he said nah, Obama had the power to get out.  Yeah, then you blame Obama for being weak and letting Isis set up in Mosul.  It is really a can't win debate.  He loves everything that comes out of Trump's mouth, lies or not.
    My mother came out of the gate hot and uncomfortable.  We have been renting a room to Girlie, who is our old neighbor's niece, we met her when she was three or four and she has always had an instant closeness and trust with us.  She was one of Boy's first friends, and because we were alone in Austin, acted like we were family with her.  My mom starts every conversation with "she is not family" which I will not argue as a fact, but when it is someone I have known since diaper age, I will not turn my back on them either.  My mom is sure there is something nefarious going on, I must be allowing her to stay here for free or worse.  It did not help that while my folks were here, my roommate also had a friend show up and stay a couple nights.  This does not bother me, but my mom was livid, that I was disrespecting my marriage by allowing these young girls to meddle in our lives, then Tuesday morning, Boy's old friend that stayed with us until he got a girl pregnant texted that it was not working out, and if he could come back.  I, of course, promptly said yes, come over this afternoon.  My Mom just gave a defeated guess we'll never be able to visit again.  I reminded her she had slept in Chub's room during the weekend, because my sister and her hubby took the guest room.  She used this to perfectly defend her comment that "maybe my financial problems are from this house, and I would be better off in a 3 bedroom 2 bath house and not this giant beast of burden."  I had to smart mouth back "but then I wouldn't have space for all these sexy girls to move into."
    My dad was pretty quiet all weekend, he even went along and joined us to eat, something he likes to complain about and avoid.  On the way out though, he did tell me "keep an eye out on your trash, I am pretty sure I wet my smoked cigarettes, but still."  I said "that's nice, y'all were like the three horsemen of the apocalypse one calls me a degenerate, the other calls me too poor for my living situation, and the third mildly threatens to burn my house down."  If I include the dog, it could have been the four horsemen, as the dog peed and pooped in almost every room of the house that it could.  Fun Spring Break so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment