Tuesday, November 1, 2016

11/1/16 A Lukewarm Halloween?

    It is pointless to complain about the weather, but grrr, it pisses me off when it is so balmy and sticky at this point in the year.  I refused to even entertain the idea of dressing up, even though I have for the last ten years or so.  I have learned to love this holiday and the stars even aligned perfectly to make it possible that Wife was here with us, so I was happy about that.  It also sucks that Halloween doesn't move to the last Saturday of the month instead of the 31st.  It is quite hard to plan anything involving the kids when they have to go to bed by 9:30-10:00pm.
    Anyways, let me back off to the start of the day.  Our days start early around here, I have to get up before 7:00am to wake up and feed Chubs.  I also make sure Boy doesn't sleep through his alarm.  After snoozing until about 7:20am, Boy can bolt out of bed, put his boots on and be gone in a five minute window.  He is an efficient Boy, I need about 15-20 just to see if I'm going to poop in the morning, I usually don't, but if I ate something spicy, the night before, you never know.  Chubs hobbles along, usually by the time I am done showering, he is coming to our bathroom to pee and brush his teeth, I keep telling him to move his stuff to the bathroom he shares with his brother.  Once the pubes started showing up on Chubs, we should all have a little more privacy, but whatever.
    I dropped off Chubs by 7:45 and headed to my Wound Care Clinic for my weekly changing of the bandages.  My whole leg from my toes to below my knee is in this lightweight cast thing designed to act as a pump, when I walk, the muscle helps to pump the lymph nodes up.  I have poor circulation from being a fat boy.  It got to me last week, the tightness and just thinking how it was dirty had me clawing and scratching at my leg.  I cut about inches from the top, I developed some sort of rash.  Today, they gave me a removable cast, essentially it is two tight stockings I wear over each other.  I can take them off at night, when I am lying down.  Just knowing I can take it off and roll it down, like when I shower is a great relief.
    I was done before 9:00am, headed home, cleaned the grill and set up charcoal for the evening.  I then decided it would be best for me to just lay down and sleep some more.  I had only slept about three hours the night before.  The doctor is very pleased with the wound.  He said it looks like it should, bright red, no infection, now it is working on healing itself, the depth of the wound is becoming more shallow.
    I woke up at 3:20pm, washed my face, went and picked up Chubs, we ate at Bill Miller and did his math homework while we sat there.  I then came home, set up this huge decoration in front of the door, helped Chubs with his costume, and finally pooped and showered.  I then went outside to wait for the Halloween trick or treaters.  Wife got home around 7:00pm, quickly changed into a costume she had used a couple years ago and we enjoyed as best we could this muggy, humid evening. 
    Chubs had three friends show up, and they walked the neighborhood.  Boy and his gang dressed up, but they never left the house.  Girlie had texted that they would be coming by, and they did, around 8:30pm.  I had made plenty of burgers and hot dogs, as has become my thing on Halloween, and we all ate and caught up until about 10:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment