Friday, November 18, 2016

11/19/16 Fifteen Hours Until Mama's Home?

    Today was a long day.  I got up a little before 7:00am in order to take Chubs to school.  I had planned on going straight to Ford and getting my inspection done.  Life is never that easy.  Chubs either decided today was a good day to miss or he really woke up with a dizzy, nauseous feeling.  After a little hemming and hawing I decided he could stay home.  I didn't really want him to, but I also didn't want the school calling me to pick him up after he threw up.  He did only eat half of his peanut butter and jelly sandwich which helped persuade me to believe his story of not feeling well.
    We saw Boy leaving and then we were there wondering what to do.  I never know what to do with these boys when they stay behind like this.  I told him to go lay down and sleep.  I had washed his clothes and mine last night. and I have been told by Wife and him, not to dry their shirts in the dryer.  This means that after they dry by hanging, I must then iron them to make them look crispy and clean.  This took me a good hour and by the time I finished, it was closer to 10:00am than to 11:00am.  I took a quick shower and headed to Ford with Chubs to get my inspection sticker which was due since the end of September.  This took almost until noon.  After We got done here, we went to the Travis County Tax Office for the truck tag and then we were free to do the important stuff.
    The important stuff was while we were waiting for the truck at Ford, we were inundated with the smoky smell of beef fajitas on an open grill.  Chubs and I left Ford salivating for some fajitas, so after we got done with the tag, we decided to go to Jalapeno's since we know they sell tacos a la carte.  Boy and his friend joined us for a quick lunch, then Chubs and I headed to the mall afterwards.
    Chubs was eyeballing things for Christmas, I just like to look at the Rolex watches and dream.  After this, we headed back to the house.  I could not stay awake further than that.  I took a nap from about 4:30pm to 6:30pm.  I awoke and spent the rest of the evening cleaning the house in anticipation of the arrival of Wife.
    In the last three hours, I washed two loads of clothes, vacuumed, swept, mopped, took out trash, polished table and various other wood furniture pieces.  This was all easier with this first cold front and having the windows open to allow an awesome flow of northerly cold air to clean out the stale air in the house.  Wife showed up right at 10:00pm, I threw her stinky clothes that had been in bags all week in the wash and we ended the night by going to eat at IHOP.  The only thing to do now is fall asleep in front of the TV as we try to catch up on all our shows we have been recording and not keeping up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment