Saturday, November 26, 2016

11/26/16 Thanksgiving Was Quite Good?

    Thanksgiving in the past was kind of a spectator sport.  I would usually have to work, sometimes I volunteered to work, but the last couple years I have been home the Wednesday and Thursday nights on Thanksgiving week.  This week, because Wife was going to be here all week, and my folks visited for the first half of the week, I decided to take the whole week off.  It has been great, taking it easy all week.  I will admit, when my folks were here, they did pressure me a bit to get up earlier than I wanted because I like staying up late, like to 4:00 or 5:00am.
    Anyways, Thanksgiving kind of started on Tuesday night, after we saw the movie Fantastic Beasts...  When we got out, we ended up going to HEB to get our supplies.  We split with the other family members of Wife's family, they brought the turkeys and made the stuffing starting in San Antonio.  They did come up Wednesday and my mother in law and Wife spent the afternoon baking and prepping.  I took a nap after eating lunch at Zaxby's, I am loving their Cobb salad.  I probably napped from 5:00 to 7:00pm, waking up in time to hear Wife saying that people were hungry again.  We ended up going around 8:45pm and ate at Chili's, not the best place, but it did its job.
    Thursday was started early by my father in law who loves getting up early to cook the turkeys.  I was up late, but up around 11:00am, and we just hung out and waited until everything was cooked, and a couple more family members dragged themselves in.  We ate promptly at 3:00pm, and I was back to napping by 4:00pm.  This time most everybody napped, except Wife and her mama who cleaned up.  Everyone hung around until 7:00pm, but they left because everyone is scared of driving at night.
    The rest of the evening was finally relaxing, with all our visitors back in their houses, we finally got to sit back in front of our big screen, eat some turkey leftovers, some more pies and sweets, and catch up on some of our season's shows.  We talked about running out to the black Thursday shopping madness, but decided against it, since we don't know what we are shopping for yet.
    We have plenty of leftovers at this point.  Two tubs of turkey, one white and one dark, two tubs of stuffing, one with raisins one without, a bunch of ham, two pumpkin pies, a bowl of pistachio pudding, half of a cream cheese cake, half of a better than sex cake, most of a strawberry mousse chocolate cake.  I am sure we have like two days to enjoy the bounty.  It won't be too long before Wife is spazzing out that the food is going bad and it needs to be thrown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment