Wednesday, November 23, 2016

11/23/16 Chub's Birthday Turning Twelve?

    Yesterday (Tuesday) was a busy day again, with my folks here and most of us on vacation.  I was awoken by Wife at 11:00am and promptly told to shower as everyone was awake downstairs and I couldn't sleep the day away.  If that wasn't enough, it was also Chub's twelfth birthday.  We have kind of been celebrating all weekend.  He had his friends for a sleepover, then we took everyone to Salt Lick for dinner.  We woke Monday morning and ended up taking his friends again to eat, this time at Casa Garcia's, then off to Jumpoline.  His friends eventually went home Monday night.  Tuesday, it was just celebrating with the family.  Even though my sister was saying they could stick around, the possibility of bad weather had them scampering out of town around noon.  My brother in law called me a "bad host" half jokingly because I provide room, but I don't have anything to eat.  He went Tuesday morning and got breakfast for everyone.  If he is going to provide breakfast, he can call me anything under the sun.  I do not insult easily.
    Before getting a cake for Chubs, we stopped at Total Wine and more which is in the Sunset Valley area.  My mom hadn't been in this store and I had a feeling she would like it.  She thought it was great.  I remembered the beer from Disney that had grapefruit from Germany, Schofferhofer, and they carry it in the store.  Surprisingly, it was $7.99 for a six pack, while one glass of it at Disney was $10.00.  We then walked over to World Marketplace, Gamestop, and even Academy across the street.  After all this shopping, Chubs wanted to go eat at Genghis Grill, but after driving over there and parking, we walked up to an empty building that was for lease.  We settled for Buffet Palace which is across the street from the parking lot to Central Market.  I am not a fan but it is about only place we eat when we eat Chinese food.  After eating there, we went back to Central Market for a cake and a pie for Chubs.  This was then followed by us coming home to drop everything off and also taking a nap.  Boy had bought us all tickets to Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, the newest book by JK Rowling.  We all napped since we had over two hours before the movie started.  Boy also needed to get home since he was still going to classes until today.
    The movie was great, I kept hoping for more Harry Potter references, but nothing.  Best they managed was mentioning Dumbledore as they talked about Newt Scamander getting investigated for crimes against nonmaj.  Since I was still feeling stuffed from eating at the Chinese place, I only ate popcorn and soda.  We got home about 10:00pm and sang Happy Birthday and ate cake and pie with Chubs.  As if this wasn't enough, we topped off the night by going to the HEB in Buda to shop for our Thanksgiving feast on Thursday.  After loading up the cart and spending about $250, we were back home about 12:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment