Thursday, November 3, 2016

11/3/16 Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater?

    My boys are savage when it comes to honesty in the classroom.  Earlier in the year, Boy said a kid was cheating in one of his classes and he was not gonna have any of that.  He said "fuck that, I killed myself studying and this guy is just using his phone to look for the answers, nope."  He stayed after class to let the professor know.  That first test was hard and only one person managed a passing grade.  On the second test, they just did over the weekend, Boy gave it his all and got an 80.  He was very proud of himself and I asked what about that cheater dude?  Oh no, I took him out personally, he dropped the class before the second exam.  He said at this point, they are down to seven students in the class.
    Chubs had to interject at this point to say that they were having a test in band today and they were supposed to be reading music without writing the letters beneath.  The kid next to him had all his music sheet written on, and Chubs told him to erase it.  He said "shush, mind your own business."  At this, he raised his hand and started saying out loud "so and so is cheating band director."  This got other kids looking at the boy, and they too started sounding the alarm.  The teacher told them to keep it down, and not worry about it.  After class, Chubs asked the band director if he knew the kid was cheating, and he said yes.  Then he asked if he was going to be punished, and the band director gave an "ehh, will see what happens."  Chubs was not happy about it.
    During lunch, the kid came over and told Chubs "why did you have to rat me out?"  then he went on with "you better watch your back, I have boots on."  I would think that would be intimidating but Chubs said "look at my feet, I have boots too, and I'm bigger than you."  Chub's buddy then told the kid to beat it.
    I was always for honesty and truth, but I wasn't ready to fight for it.  I know Chubs is a gentle soul, but I have had to talk with him a couple times recently.  When playing with me, or we're talking smack to each other (playing, of course), sometimes he will throw an arm at me, and he might be young but the chubby arm of any 220 pounder still packs a good whack.  He was startled Halloween night and accidently punched one of his friends while in costume and retreating from something else.  He sent his friend backwards, luckily he didn't draw blood.
    I don't know, I was the chubby kid who played it smart and avoided fights.  Chubs might be the kid that isn't afraid to flex his muscles.  He doesn't really back off when Boy hits him, we usually yell at Boy to stop it, but at some point, we're going to have to tell Chubs to stop.  He might be ten years younger but he already outweighs bro-bro by a good 80-90 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment