Sunday, November 13, 2016

11/13/16 Busy Life, Busy Wife?

    We are one week away from Thanksgiving Week, which means Wife will go down once more, then she will be here with us for a full week and some days.  Of course with her it is never easy.  Wife said next week she will be going to a Migrant conference that is always held in Brownsville or South Padre Island.  Either way, she will be down at the southern tip of Texas from Tuesday until Friday.  This means that on Friday she will have to drive back to La Pryor which is about six hours away from her destination then add another three hours to get up to Austin.  But with us stuck up here, what choice does she have?  She is trying to see if she can align to meet up with somebody, like her sister to meet her en-route with her car along I-35 to save her a couple hours of driving, but I don't see that happening.  Her car will be down in La Pryor.  The busy little bee already has some meetings in Region 20 on Monday and Tuesday the week after Thanksgiving, so it makes sense for her to drive from Austin instead of leaving for my folks and then driving up from down there. 
    This weekend we had plans to go to the Renaissance Festival we go    most every year, but my leg gash is still seeping and messy.  Last weekend I told Wife it was fine and we walked around here and there just doing our normal routines and walking the mall for awhile.  Sunday, the gash was leaking enough that I attempted to change the bandage and had all sorts of problems with it.  There is a silver pad they put in there to keep it free of bacteria and it fell out after the bandage failed to stay stuck on me.  I then picked it up with a butter knife, it looked like half a potato on the kitchen floor and I stuck it back on.  It was quite gross.
    My folks have the Spinach Festival this weekend back home.  It is the big festival every year, used to be Crystal City was the spinach capital of the world, or that is what we were told growing up.  When I was young, the festival was held downtown and it was open to walk in and out of.  Nowadays, they do it with a fence around it, and you have to pay to park, and then pay to enter.  My mom says tacos can go for as much as $7.  That just seems bordering on ridiculous to me.  I haven't been in probably fifteen years, but it was the first place Wife and I went on a date.  Back in 1987, shit it will be thirty years next year that Wife and I have been together.  I need to start planning on a way to align our schedules a little better when she finally comes back to Austin.  I like that we are both always busy and productive members of society, but we need a little more time together.  I'm sure I'll be singing a different song after having the big girl home for a week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment