Tuesday, November 22, 2016

11/22/16 A Long Monday?

    Normally, I drop off Chubs, go to my doctor's office, then come back to sleep until about 3:30pm.  Today, with my folks here, I decided to take the night off.  After finishing with the doctor, we headed back to our house.  Wife went with me, so she could see where I go and meet some of the people working on my leg.
    Coming back home, my family was waiting and hungry, we headed to Casa Garcia's, mostly because my brother in law shares the same last name with said restaurant but we are beaners and we do love tacos.  I had a coffee with four tacos, Wife had a few tacos as well, Chubs was in the midst of his sleepover, so we still had three extra boys, one did not spend the night.  The food was very good, my dad almost didn't join us as he doesn't like leaving the house, but we convinced him it would be fine.  After we finished eating, we headed up William Cannon to Academy by I-35.  My dad only wears Wranglers, and Academy has what he desires, when he is lucky to find his size.  I had been telling Wife it had been a long time since we walked around an Academy so it was nice to check it out. 
    Our next stop was Jumpoline, which is right across the Freeway, where the old Target used to be.  Chubs had requested this stop so his friends and him could enjoy it together.  They played a lot of dodge ball, and also ran amuck like crazy in the open trampoline areas.  I did what I do, after I ate a cone and drank a soda, I found a big comfy chair and attempted to sleep.  I did not actually sleep, and eventually, we got past the hour time limit, and we were done with Jumpoline.  We headed home, because Chubs did not want to end up at the mall.  It worked out good, my dad and brother stayed with them, we headed with my mom and Boy, who had just gotten home around 3:00pm.  Boy has school yesterday and today, such is college life.
    By the time we got to the mall, I had run out of energy.  I felt raw and lacking of sleep.  Because Boy was hungry, we ended up in the food court and we ate again.  While we sat down, we ran into a friend of ours with his girlfriend.  I told him how we kept thinking about him and getting together, it has just become hard with Wife not living here.  I told them we'd try and visit either this week or during the Christmas break and they were on their way. 
    The rest of the time at the mall, I tried persuading my brother in law to look at the Rolex watches.  He has the attitude of "what can they do for me?  My G-shock works great."  He didn't seem to appreciate them, then my mom said she had no interest in even looking at them, she doesn't believe in paying more than $500 for a watch, so I gave up.
    Eventually, we left, and capped the night at Longhorn Steakhouse, close to the house.  I had the salad with a small steak, and it was delicious, even if it was mostly salad.  We were back home and done early in the night.  Boy still has school tomorrow, and I am pretty run down.  My day started with three hours sleep and waking up at 6:55am.

No comments:

Post a Comment