Thursday, November 17, 2016

11/17/16 The Twelve Days Of Thanksgiving?

    After a couple more hours, I will be off for almost twelve days.  I am coming in to work Monday night, but other than that, it will be a nice long break with Wife and the boys.  My folks will be coming in Sunday and staying through Wednesday and then my in-laws will be visiting Wednesday and staying through at least Friday.  It should be a nice change of pace, which is about time.  It has felt like all we do is work.  The last time I was off for a week was when we went to Florida in June and Wife was being offered this job that has us living 200 miles apart during the week.
    It will be a hectic week, but hopefully full of fun.  Chub's birthday is Tuesday the 22nd, part of the reason my folks will be visiting.  He wants to take his buddies to Salt Lick, and I, of course, love eating there.  We were going to go on Saturday, but he has changed his mind and said Sunday works better for his friends, so my folks will probably join us.  Thanksgiving is also a big commitment, at least when it comes to cooking and all that.  I am sure we'll be out looking for a turkey and ham when Wife gets in.  She was also talking about decorating the house for Christmas since we will have so much free time.  I already started, I took down the last of the Halloween stuff last week and strung up the Christmas lights inside on the stair rails.  I have also taken most of the Christmas boxes and laid them out where they will be going to make it quicker.  I can imagine we will be doing some Christmas shopping, although we already did a good amount, opting to buy pajamas for all the nephews on both sides at Target last week.  I'm not sure if we will also kick in a toy, none of those boys strike me as the kind to be interested in action figures.  Maybe some Nerf guns so they can shoot each other in the eyes, at least that is what it seems like those toys are good for.
    I am also eyeballing this cold front coming in Friday.  I am excited at the idea of temperatures in the 30's at night, even if for only one night.  We have gotten through the worst of it today, with highs in the upper 80s without turning on the A/C, you would care as much if your utility bill was $719 which was our high point this year.  It is coming down, I just want to make sure it keeps going down.  I am teaching Chubs to sleep with the windows open, he is getting better, but still insists on closing the blinds and the curtains because he doesn't want to see outside.  I tell him he is upstairs, it is safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment