Thursday, June 30, 2016

7/1/16 Eleventh Hour Reprieve For Chubs?

    We are in the midst of some big changes in Casa Gallegos.  The last block that needs to fall into place is what we are going to do with Chubs.  Boy had uncharacteristically offered up his services while we were on vacation in Florida.  I love that boy, but if ever someone sang the "Me Me Me, It's All About Me" song, it is this boy.  We understand because he was an only child for 10 years, so when he started offering himself up, whoa, I didn't even know how to process.  First of all, it made me look like a jerk not wanting Chubs home with me.  My position was that it is great that you want your younger brother to not miss out on this opportunity with the Einstein program, but what happens when you want to hang out with your friends, or you have a late lab and I have to get to work?  Of course discussing this amongst my family was a stupid endeavor because they all seemed consigned to the idea that I just want to run around free.  That is kind of naïve thinking.  First of all, I never miss work, maybe one day a year when I am really sick.  I work a 12 hour shift, you try that and try to find time to do anything else but sleep.
    I will still have to keep the house clean, grass cut, pool cleaned (or risk my pain in the ass neighbor report me to the city), bills kept up to date, hopefully find time to work out to lose weight which everyone wants me to do, but I am never given time to do it.
    I was trying to put away the clothes from our trip.  Wife has been washing everything that came back dirty, but there are piles and baskets and suitcases all over our room with loads of clothes.  While doing this, my brother called me, he didn't know I was home, but he got a call from Cedar Creek in Bastrop for a job as a truancy officer.  Since he was not expecting an interview, I mean it's all he's been doing in his free time is applying for jobs, but still.  Anyways, he needed decent clothes to interview in, luckily we are like brothers or something, he is able to wear my clothes.  Even better, if he gets this job, he will be more stable and truly working a mon-fri gig which would line up with Chubs, thus making it easier for us to consider leaving Chubs up in Austin.  Boy's Florida Fever is gone, now he is trying to backpedal and not be forced to stay home and commute to school, but I tell him too bad.  You wanted to open your big mouth and make me look bad in front of my peeps, now unfortunately I am going to call you on your BS and make you lay in the bed you so beautifully screamed to be allowed to create and make.
    He was fighting the idea like Hansel and Grettal fought when they were being forced in the oven, but last week he was so nonchalant setting up the logs to the fire he is now going to climb into.  News flash little Boy, I would rather have all of us under one roof, your best bet was to stay quiet, but since you wanted to be a hero, carry that case of kryptonite for Daddy, and dammit, clean your bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment