Saturday, June 25, 2016

6/24/16. EPCOT, Too Big To Fail! (Written days later, no internet)

    I am getting a gross feeling in the pit of my stomach, is Disney not bringing in enough money?  Parking is up to $20 a car which seems excessive, and then to find the monorail broke.  They own acre upon acre of land, I'm sure they control local politics so any taxes they pay is favorable to them.  Ticket prices keep going up, we paid something like $1500 for the 4 day tickets for the four of us.  I don't mind paying the money, but they really need to do work on their rides to keep them up. 
    We had a Fast Pass for Food and The Land, not that I wanted to ride it, but figured it was a start.  It was down, so on to the next ride.  Sailing is in the same building, but it already had a 50 min wait time.  We went out and Wife said how about the Nemo ride.  It said 30 minutes, figuring we hadn't done anything yet, we all agreed.  Big mistake.  It is intended for three year olds or thereabouts, and it took about an hour to get through.  The only fun thing was showing my sister and her hubby all my funny memes and jokes from Pinterest.  As soon as the ride was over, Boy was whispering in my ear about needing to get going.  My sister and her husband are cool, but they move about as fast as molasses with their two kids.  Everything takes a long time, after every ride, they have to get their bearings like it's the first time they walk on concrete.  We finally hit the eject button and set about going through the different countries just us four.  Boy was in a rush, for whatever reason, but we skipped Canada, which I kind of enjoy.  We rushed through everything, took a quick lunch in France, including a little dessert, which was good.
    Boy finally slowed his roll in Japan, got whatever his overlords had ordered from him, packed everything into his backpack, and finally started acting human again.  We slowed down in the Italy section, I wanted a new cologne, we got one, although I let Boy choose it, it seemed OK.  Our family caught up with us about this point.  We also had talked about drinking a beer from every country.  I had the grapefruit beer from Germany, which is the only beer I call yummy.  We had a Limoncello from Italy, and then a Dirty Elephant at the Africa section.  That was pretty good, frozen Coca-Cola with rum.  My final beer was in Norway, and I did not really like it, but my brother loves that beer, he chugged the twenty ounces in a matter of seconds.
    Mexico's ride was down, we were now done with the celebration of all the way around the world.  My folks talked about leaving, we went back to where we started only to find that whole section closed at 7:00pm, not 9:00pm.  It pissed me off because that is where we were going to get our poster sized photo.  We then walked over to the Dinosaur ride, it was closed too.
    There were too many rides down for mechanical problems.  It was or should be embarrassing to Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment