Sunday, June 12, 2016

6/13/16 T-Minus One Week To Departure?

    Today (Saturday) was supposed to be a relaxing day without any agenda, just hang out with the family and take it easy.  As usual, once the afternoon came around, we ran one errand into another until we ran out of day.  Things are getting done, and that is the important thing.  I dropped off our Excursion at Ford on Friday, it is getting a couple small things done, including an oil change for the long road trip.  Friday we also checked our clothes for the trip and Chubs has about 6 new outfits, Wife has 6-7 new outfits, I had three new shirts and two new shorts, and Boy had 3 new shirts and a couple pants.  He is acting like a Shit, saying we go to Florida all the time, he is not excited.  I, of course, want to kick him because we look forward to this all year and he acts like it is a chore and not a treat.  Wife even throws her hands up in the air and says we should just live him here, instead of taking him and living with his bad attitude.  If he acts like he did a couple spring breaks ago, this will be the last time I take him by "force".
    Back to today, we left the house and headed to Best Buy.  Chubs had a birthday party to go to, so we bought his friend a video game, and I owed him a card to buy some stuff online from earlier in the week.  After this, we spun around the parking lot, not sure where we were going to eat.  As I decided to go eat pizza in Buda, Chubs remembered Zaxby's by Cabela's and Boy said he preferred that.  I went along because it is very good too.  We then went into Cabela's looking for rain gear, I saw online that we will be between 40 and 60 percent showers all week while in the Disney parks.  We didn't really find what we need plus my stomach needed to remove its contents and quickly, so we scampered home, post haste.
    After this, I sort of took a quick 30 min nap while Wife and Chubs fiddled on the computer.  They then caught me asleep and told me it was now time to take Chubs to his party.  We dropped him off, driving through some horrible traffic on the freeway.  After this, we spent about an hour and a half at Academy.  I got a few more shirts to bring my tally to 6 and I also got me a new flashlight and new Camelback to carry water and space for other snacks and stuff.  We argued for a minute about this, because I already had one, but I like buying new things when we go on trips, it is part of the fun for me.  Boy threw in some new shirts, still complaining as he always does.
    We followed this by going back and picking up Chubs from his party at Jumpoline.  It was a small-ish party and we got offered cake and pizza.  I am not rude, so I ate.  We left after awhile, headed to the movies, but none of us really liked the movies playing, so we made a switch and just went for dinner.  We drove around while someone or other said no to whatever was being suggested, a sign we weren't really hungry, I guess.  We settled on Dan's burgers where we have been eating lately after my friend suggested it one day after school.  We finished the night by coming back home and starting the packing process for our trip, since we now all have most of our clothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment