Thursday, June 16, 2016

6/16/16 I'm Too Nice?

    I have been called too nice by two separate people within a 24 hour time period.  This is probably true, even if I work at giving the image of being a hard ass all the time, specially with my two dum-dums.  I cannot function in the way my family wants me to, they insist I should circle the wagon and just worry about my blood related family.  This might be easier to do, but it would leave me feeling cold blooded in certain situations.
    For example, with our friends, Wife has noticed them sort of pulling away, not calling back when we text, getting back days later, Girlie giving excuses like her mom's phone doesn't work, but what?  Mama can't pick up phone from her end and call Wife and ask "how have things been going?"  or "Why haven't we gotten together lately?"  I just keep assuming people are busy, which pisses Wife off a lot!  She says if they can't reciprocate and call once in a while, I need to stop trying to force them to come over.  I am not forcing anybody to come over, but I do admit I text them a lot more than they text us.  If I had a hundred other friends I interacted with, I might have moved on, but as it stands, we are running thin on friends that come over and visit.
    The other example of me being a spazzy nice guy was with Ford's Service Center.  Yesterday I called three separate times trying to find out about my vehicle that I dropped off Friday afternoon and just put the phone on speaker and waited 10 minutes before hanging up, nobody answered.  It bothered me, but not to the point of fighting and cussing people out, my coworker was livid expecting me to start bitching.  I went in there today during lunch, and the lady started telling me updates as soon as I opened the door to her little bay area.  I was quiet and just stared at her.  She was apologetic, I told her "you could've saved me the drive down here if you just picked up the phone."  She promised it would be fixed by the end of the day, and it was.  I got her direct line and she called me and I returned her call and I was polite on the phone.
    There is no gain in yelling at somebody you are expecting to help you out.  They could "lose my keys", or they "might need a part that needs to be ordered from another country", or a million other ways to ruin my day.  I really just want my vehicle in as good a condition as I can have it in for our trip.  I'll check the tires tomorrow at Discount Tire, if they say I need tires, then I will get tires.  One of my fears is being stranded on the side of the road, more so in another state, and now with the gators getting a taste for human, even scarier.
    I should also replace the wiper blades since I looked at the weather forecast and it should rain on us.  All week, we are expecting 40-60 percent chance of showers.  I like that, as it tends to clear out the parks a bit, and if it rains just right, it will cool off the day and leave it much more tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment