Tuesday, June 28, 2016

6/26/16 Chasing The Sun?

    We were finally done with our vacation Saturday morning, and everyone was in a rush to leave Florida post haste.  We are always in the back, I don't like rushing out and possibly forgetting stuff.  There was a huge amount of stuff in the kitchen.  My brother and his family washed their hands of any responsibility, they were flying and did not have extra space nor permission to stow any 12 pack of sodas in their luggage.  His brother in law and girlfriend disappeared early as well, and they were guests, who didn't bother messing with stuff in the fridge, so they weren't going to clean it.  My sister I don't believe does any cleaning period.  It was left to us and my folks.  Everyone cleaned out their rooms, but we had not only our luggage, and new bags of souvenirs, but also about 4 12 packs of sodas, a case of waters, almost 3 six packs of alcoholic beverages.  I force fed myself a lunchable and told my boys to eat some of the other ones.  One way or another, we made everything fit along with us and we headed this way. 
    It feels funny starting out in the morning, and watching the sun take off and disappear slowly in front of you.  I drove the first hour, but quickly felt tired.  Luckily, Wife was ready to take over.  She drove about three or four hours, I slept like a log.  By the time I woke up, we were done with IH-75 and were on IH-10 headed West.  I drove the next 4-5 hours until we reached our hotel for the night. 
    I love the scenery and the boys don't hardly complain as long as they have snacks and power to their games and phones.  New Orleans has really come back strong.  A couple years ago, large chunks of the city still looked abandoned, I'm glad it is thriving.
    We always seem to loose too much time, although we barely stopped to rest.  It was supposed to take less than 10 hours to reach Gonzalez, but we got there about 9:30pm, we had left the house around 11:00am, and we gained back an hour due to crossing time zones.
    The Springfield Suites were nice, my folks really liked them.  We ended up walking to Wings and Lube or something like that.  The food was not as good as it should have been.  My burger was way too bloody, my mom thought her wings were old, but we ate.  I could have written a blog there, but I was super tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment