Friday, June 17, 2016

6/18/16 On The Road Again?

    We took off a little late on our way to Florida because Wife got called for a second interview for a job opportunity.  They wanted to catch her before we left and Friday was their only chance.  She had her meeting at 9:15am, so it allowed me a chance to sleep in a little bit.  I then got up right before 9:00am and loaded the large luggage, cleaned the pool, refilled the chlorine dispenser, and shocked it.  In the process, I showed my brother the routine and hopefully he is capable of running the pump at least once next week so the water doesn't turn green and open the chance for my loving neighbor to call the city on us again.  While I was out, I replaced a couple of fence pickets that had fallen and I had been meaning to replace.
    By the time I came in and started enjoying my cup of coffee, Wife came in around 10:45am and started busting balls to get us going.  I pooped, and showered and we were ready to roll.  It was nice my brother is staying at our house, as he can keep an eye on things.  We finally got going, and promptly got slowed down by congested traffic on I-35.  Eventually, we got to Bastrop, and we stopped at their Buc-ee's for drinks and snacks.  I was kind of wondering in the back of my head when I would get sleepy and let Wife drive.  I felt fine, so I kept driving through Houston.  Man, people suck at driving.  There was one accident after another and it was only 2:00pm or so, when we got to Katy.  We made it to Baytown and happily found another Buc-ee's.  I got a nice surprise as the toilets say occupied in red and vacant in green.  I opened a door and there was a brain dead dude, lost in thought, taking a dump.  I said "come on man, lock the door." 
    We kept on moving, slowly losing the sun, but gaining a couple peeps.  My brother's brother in law and his girlfriend were only a couple miles in front of us, so we decided to stop at a gas station and then travel together.  We were going to meet them and my sister and her family, but Wife's interview at the last minute threw everybody for a loop.  My sister arrived a couple hours earlier than us to the hotel, we kept on chugging along at our slow pace.  Our slow pace being 80-85mph all through Texas and Louisiana.  Mississippi kind of scared me with its posted signs of 70 and "strictly enforced" so I cruised at 70-75, but it is only about an hour's drive to get through it. 
    We are currently staying in the same hotel we stayed last year.  It feels nice to be out of the Excursion and spread out in an air conditioned room.  I hate that we have to take everything off the car, but that is what shitty people that don't have a problem breaking into cars has done.  I write this quickly, I want to jump in bed and close my eyes.  I feel pretty proud of myself that I was able to do the whole drive without relying on Wife.  It is mostly a pride thing, she can drive as well as I do, but I don't care for the one liners of being a puss and a lightweight when I get sleepy and hand the keys over.

No comments:

Post a Comment