Saturday, June 18, 2016

6/19/16 Home, For A Week?

    I am still not sure I prefer to break up the trip by stopping halfway to Florida, but here we are.  Last night was rough, getting to our hotel by almost midnight, then checking out by 8:00am.  I still had to write a blog, shower, and unwind, and find enough hours to sleep.  I managed to fall asleep by 2:00am, then waking up twice between 3:00 and 4:00am to pee.  6:30am came too fast, but Wife jumped up and showered, followed by the boys, then I finally got up close to 7:30.  My mom and dad are traveling with us in our car and just before I jumped in the shower, my mom was already gently rushing me.  I knew I had to get up, even though I could have easily slept until noon.
    We went through the tunnel in Mobile, Alabama, and we were on our way, for 8 minutes.  I wanted to get about 2 hours of road, but my mom was having none of that, saying she had to eat before we did anything.  We found a McDonald's and ate about 8:30am.  We were ready to hit the road, and we finally managed to get some road.  Maybe because I didn't sleep enough, after a couple hours, I told Wife to drive, and she did the next 2.5-3 hours.  I slept good, waking up in time for our next pit stop at Busy Bee gas station.  We found it by chance last year and Wife loved it.  It has a Dunkin Donuts, and a Burger King inside, they sell all sorts of knickknacks, and they even have fireworks for sale inside the store like if you're buying Doritos.  It felt weird because I was asleep, but everyone decided it was lunch time and we ate burgers there.  When we finally got going, storms were brewing.  We drove through some pretty hard rains, my sister, yelled at me through my mom's phone to pull over.  I laughed maniacally because nobody tells Big Mando what to do.  I kept driving when about half the people on the road were pulling over, I always find this much more dangerous than to keep moving.  If you keep moving, you are in control of your surroundings by slowing down or speeding up, you can determine who is right next to you.  When you are stopped, you are at the mercy of everyone passing, and it only takes one idiot not paying attention to hit your side or rear end you.  I kept driving slowly and the weather sort of passed.
    We got to the house around 7:00pm, and it was a mad fight for who got what room, but I think it worked out.  We got the master down, sorry but we initiated the idea of coming, we reserved the house, and we did all the communicating with the owner of the property.  My sister liked the idea of the master bath, but said the room upstairs she chose was ok.  Then my brother liked the room downstairs because of fears that his soon might fall down the stairs, but again gave up rather easily when he noticed his kid was not brain dead.
    The last thing to do was get some food and the only place I know that sells groceries is Publix.  Luckily, there was a Papa John's pizza next to the Publix and the ladies chose that for dinner.  We got some stuff at Publix for breakfast and snacks for the parks.  It has now been two long days, I feel pretty raw right now, I am hoping to sleep more than normal, but knowing my folks, they will wake me at the crack of dawn to appease the other siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment