Sunday, June 5, 2016

6/6/16 Summer Is Off And Running?

    Wife just officially finished her school year on Friday.  She has about two weeks of Summer school activities and then we're off on vacation.  My brother will be watching the house and he marches around at night with a katana and a revolver in his shorts, listening to George Nori waiting for the world to end (warning!).  Anyways, after that, we have Fourth of July the week we come back and we will be having some sort of fireworks celebration somewhere.
    Slowing it down week to week, I was telling Wife we should buy some quality sleeping bags, if anything, the boys can use them when we go in our RV.  She had kind of agreed, but in her infinite quest to be a cheap-o, her dad said he had some vintage Vietnam War sleeping bags, and she thought they would work for her sleep over adventure tomorrow night.  She is taking about twenty kids to Corpus Christi and they are spending the night at the Texas State Aquarium.  They are supposedly setting up their sleeping bags in the shark viewing rooms they can view the sharks and other large fish all night.  The next day in the morning, they will go out on a boat and dredge up sea bottom and see what grows down there.  It is supposed to introduce some of the kids hopefully to marine biology and some of the options for careers if they pursue higher education degrees.
    While Wife and Chubs are busy with that, Boy is in San Marcos being a mentor for entering freshman on campus for a professor he started working for last semester.  I noticed while washing clothes he brings home on the weekends there would be a dress shirt and even a tie, I am guessing he is dressing up for his responsible days, which is awesome.  He does mentoring on Monday and Tuesday, then comes home and is available for work at Alamo Drafthouse Wednesday through Sunday.  He even talked to his supervisor and he is now a trainer for incoming servers, which I think came with a dollar raise. 
    I will be doing my work thing, which I am thinking of going in early this week, around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, and then even earlier next week to allow myself to come to days slowly, that way I won't want to sleep all morning in Florida.  My sister and her hubby are saying we are starting the days super early which scares me a little bit.  I would rather get there when the morning rush has gone in, I think it would be dumb to spend even an hour in line before going in to the parks.
    I don't want to go into the rest of the summer but June is pretty much already planned out, day to day.  My Mom called just today, my brother just got a new job back up here, so he moves in with us again tomorrow.  He had gotten a job out in the oil fields, but everything slowed down and about died.  He applied all over down there, he wasn't sure about wanting to come back here, but nobody seemed to be hiring and whatever jobs come open were quickly applied by every person not working.  The biggest change here for my brother is that he will be using the guest room downstairs.  Chubs took his old room, it is a big room, and even though I wanted it for my room, Chubs took it over and won't let it go.  The guest room downstairs is smaller, but he does have the bathroom he insisted on using right next door.  I promised Chubs a new toilet in the other bathroom upstairs.  It has one of those small toilets and he has a hard time fitting his big ole butt on the tiny seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment