Friday, June 10, 2016

6/11/16 I Need A Hobby?

     Today was a rare day in which I don't work, Wife has a field trip and she took Chubs.  Boy is around but too busy for me.  If I had that kayak, I might have headed to the river by myself, but I don't, so I am left here at home, folding clothes, and doing little chores, such as changing out burned light bulbs and replacing batteries on remotes.  My life is lame.
    I already took Excursion to the Ford dealership.  The pump that shoots water to wiper blades is not pumping, and we have a long trip in about a week.  We also need an oil change.  Driving there was fun, what with the ROT Rally in effect.  Nothing I love more than loud motorcycles and the gentlemen that embrace their two wheeled stallions.  I am glad they stay mostly downtown, I hate any group in bunches.
    As far as hobbies, I'd like to do some woodwork, but it requires tools.  I'd like a kayak, but they are expensive, at least $1000 for one that will carry my fat ass.  Wife says I should sweep, clean the toilets, scrub the showers.  She must have me confused with Cinderella, I don't do stuff like that, usually. 
    I could go hit golf balls, hmm, sun is going down and they are open kind of late.  This would shut Wife up who says I don't use my stuff, it just sits in the garage.  Like a cheap ass set of golf clubs is going to break the bank.  I thought Boy was going to hang with his friend, but his friend suddenly left.  It would be good if I also took my brother and we all spent a little time outside.
    I wrote the first half in the afternoon, this is being written at 12:30am, after midnight.  Not much happened today.  I worked in the garage on a project I've been messing with, helped Boy with his project, cutting his wooden weapon for his next comic con.  I made a couple runs to Home Depot to buy bulbs, and hinges to fix an old cabinet.  The rest of the afternoon was spent waiting on clothes to wash and dry so I could fold them and put them away.  This has been my main chore for the last few months, I think it's pretty good.
    Wife came in around 10:00pm, she called saying she was hungry, and she suggested we meet somewhere for dinner.  We went to IHOP, and it was a little packed by the time we got done eating.  Wife was a little aggravated and she was trying to talk to Boy, but it was coming across as too aggressive.  Her point is that maybe Boy would be better off commuting from our house.  His grades this past semester were not spectacular.  She feels that being home, he might focus on his homework better.  This came about because he admitted to not signing a contract for the start of the semester for a new apartment.  We veered away from that discussion, Boy barely joins us for dinner and stuff, I don't want to start big discussions where he feels like we are attacking him.
    They did have new pancake flavors, which is good for a restaurant with a name like International House Of Pancakes.  I ordered the pineapple upside down cake flavor and Wife ordered the banana macadamia nut flavor.  Boy ordered some strawberry shortcake ones, but they looked like standard strawberry stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment