Tuesday, June 7, 2016

6/7/16 Trust And The Modern Cellphone?

    I keep hearing about couples we know and how they behave with one another.  I am not sure if it is insecurity or people are just naturally annoying, but I know some friends of ours, when they are not together are constantly texting each other to make sure the other person isn't cheating or god forbid, worse.  Relationships like this put undue strain on their marriage.  If either person is going to cheat, they can do it and be talking on the phone like it's no big deal.  I have a friend who is just good looking and slick, he gets all the girls naked.  Told me it was funny, jealous boyfriends/husbands will call and the wife is there trying to be a good wife, naked flirting quietly.  He continues his shenanigans while she takes down lists of stuff to get at the store, holding her breath under control as he explores her here and there.
    I totally believe we are animals at our core and we can get all this schooling and consider ourselves scholars and study all this religion and get filled with guilt and shame, but the second a decent looking member of the opposite sex even thinks of flirting with us, we go right back to animals.
    I take the cues from my folks.  They didn't play these stupid games, my mom was pretty busy with us four kids growing up, my dad was a truck driver who would be gone most of the week.  There weren't cell phones twenty years ago, not that my dad has figured out how they work.  He still has a flip phone he carries, it is not a "smart" phone.  I might get a call from him once or twice a year.  He is not a talker, in any sense of the word.
    During the day, Wife works in a school district.  Unless she has some information I need, I don't really concern myself with what she is up to.  We have a good relationship, there is no reason to be poking holes in my own shit by constantly looking for the bad or expecting drama from Wife.  I call her my Turtle, because she never wants material things.  I believe gals dig purses, I offer her purses and or tell her to get shoes all the time, and it's always the same thing.  No, they are too expensive, I just got a purse awhile ago.  Plus she goes back and uses the cheapest cloth one she has, even though I only buy her nice leather ones.
    As much as I like having a cellphone, I believe they are too much for certain people.  I don't want to know what Wife ate for lunch, I don't want to know if she had a bowel movement after lunch.  I'll ask when I see her "How was your day?"  She can bore me with the details when we are in the car together on the weekends.  Just kidding, but sometimes she can go on and on when we are together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment