Tuesday, June 21, 2016

6/21/16 Universal Studios Did Not Impress?

    Today was our second day and we have now figured we can't all hang out together at the parks.  We are all as Wife says selfish, or as my mom says too headstrong to hang out together.  I am willing to go with the flow, provided you don't force me to get up at the crack of dawn to be the first person at the park.  If we are going to be out late the night before, I feel it is smarter to sleep in than to again wake up super early the next day and push on. 
My brother who has been pushing us to get to the parks real early has cut out early for the second time.  They left a couple hours before closing but stopped at the Rock Hard Café to drink a little bit and have dinner, I guess.  We stayed until closing, trying to get as much out of the park as we could.  Chubs made me promise him that we would do a second round in the Simpsons ride and we did.  It is still probably the best ride in the park.
    We got there around 11am, everyone has been pushing me to get going earlier, but why?  My brother is not interested in staying until close, my dad is falling apart with pains in his hip when he walks too much.  My boys are certainly not interested in wasting time with picture taking with the characters.  Man, some people are holding conversations with the characters like they really starred as the characters on TV or the movies somehow. 
    Our first thing to do was eating.  We all ate in the "food court" upstairs in the city walk.  I ate a Burger King double whopper, Wife and the boys ate Panda Express, and the rest of my peeps ate between that and a Mexican looking thing.  While people went to the bathroom after, Boy and I went looking at the Oakleys sunglasses in Billabong, he finally chose a pair after everyone had started moving towards the entrance.
    Terminator was our first ride, followed by ET, then the Simpsons Ride and the Men In Black.  As you listen to the rides, they are all getting old.  Terminator is very cheesy, probably done in the 80s, ET is equally cheesy, and at one point the ride may have been top notch, it is probably time to replace it.  Simpsons ride was cool, it replaced the Back To The Future ride about a decade ago.  The Men In Black ride is cool, but it needs newer partners.  The whole section for the Harry Potter world is very cool, we were in there about two hours.
    There were problems with the Mummy ride, which the boys let me know sucked, the Transformer ride stopped working right as my brother was about to board it, the Minion ride had an over hour wait, even up to closing time.  The Shrek ride was ok, if not a little too much of a kid ride.
    There was much unnecessary drama between my sister, and my brother, and even unwillingly myself.  My mom says we are all trying to push the group to do what we want to do, and that is taking away from the fun.  I just want to be efficient.  When Curious George came out randomly outside the ET ride I said look, Wife quickly ran Chubs over to take a pic.  My sister and brother did not react to me, they stayed there until they counted to 20, then decided to move in for a picture.  This allowed twenty other kids to line up before my sibling's kids.
    The park was fun, overall, I just wish people listened to me, but since they don't, I told mom I am not dancing to y'all's beat if nobody is going to listen to my request.  We'll see how park #3 goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment