Saturday, May 7, 2016

5/8/16 F**k Voting?

    We live in Austin and this election cycle they are all wet in the panties over prop 1.  It is something about if you vote yes, the city will take over background checks on Uber drivers, and thus increase our taxes to cover this cost.  If we vote no, Uber keeps the responsibility in their own hands and every pretty young coed that gets a ride at 3:00am is gonna get raped.  I'm sorry, not trying to make light of rape, but you should hear the commercials on the radio.  I almost miss XM radio, so I can avoid commercials, where are my CDs, I think I still have a couple.
    I was enjoying my life earlier this week when old Walking Redbull Drink came and got all Redbull in my face about needing to vote.  Of course, enjoying him loose his shit, I asked him which way he was voting, so I could vote opposite.  Big mistake, as I don't care either way, but now I got a full lesson on the matter.  He claims to be an independent, but of course he wants no new taxes, so he is voting no to prop 1.  I then go on about being really worried about the passengers riding Uber at night, I want them safe, so it would be best if our government got all involved.  You could see him turning red, taking a step back and then start all over explaining to me why I needed to vote his way.  I honestly give 2 shits about Uber passengers, that is a California thing or a Northern thing.  Real Texans drive their trucks home, even if they are drunk, plus I don't know anyone that uses Uber, other than in some songs as a joke line.
    Another wrinkle in something I don't care about, last night I was discussing it with Wife, in our hot tub, finally got it clean and running again.  She had the terms turned around.  She said in order to keep Uber taking care of their own background checks, we should vote yes, and for government intervening, vote no.  Redbull said he had discussed it with his neighbor who had a sign on his lawn to vote against prop 1, so obviously he knew what he was talking about.  But Wife is generally a smart cookie, and what wife doesn't know what she so talking about, you ever talk to one that wasn't an expert at any topic?
    The way I see it, all voting accomplishes is getting you on the list to do Jury Duty, and really, Fuck that.  I have a job Mr. Judge, who threatens contempt if you don't like how they run things, I can't be missing two days of work to determine the life of some unemployable who hurt someone or took something, allegedly, that wasn't his.  Cut his arm off, that'll learn him, if the punishment fits the crime, kill him, if he killed someone.  I hate the waste of time the courts and all that are. 
    Additionally, in regards to voting, the city of Austin said no multiple times to railroads, yet there we are, stopped on the roads so that the empty train can go across here and there.  Oh, but those tracks were already there, great, I read it still cost a billion dollars to get that project going, so that the trains run almost empty.  Awesome!!  Those crooks, and I mean the jackals in charge, do what they want.  They treat us like children, how many times does your kid say no, and then you do the opposite because you know better.  Same thing, except we are the children that collectively pay for everything, they are the parent, high on power, wasting our resources because they know better.

Addendum:  I just read a breakdown on Prop 1 on the KUT website (local radio station) and I understand it like Wife.  No means the city does background checks, which involves the city, which has to mean a higher cost to the city, which has to mean higher taxes.  Still not voting, but I do like being informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment