Wednesday, May 11, 2016

5/12/16 Ode To A Kayak? (poem)

Sleek as a shark, you are my latest obsession
against my wife's will, you will be my next possession.
I don't care what I have to do, you will be mine
prepare yourself woman, I shall commence with the whine.
I can see myself floating away with the setting sun
maybe not that late, in the dark I am a Winnie and it would stop being fun.
But imagine sitting secure in your inner compartment safe from the world
as long as the water is calm or I'm sure my belly's contents I will have hurled.
The newest Kayaks have the option to sit or stand
on my feet I shall proceed, looking for fish to just take with my bare hand
Like a magical grizzly bear floating right above them on my magical silent transport
so many a water creature I will devour their humble lives cut short.
But that is the life of a fisherman out on the open water
I see some fish and then nothing but the silent sound of fish slaughter.
You think I have weighed 400 pounds because I eat cow,
you simple peasant you've never seen me fish, it would make you say wow.
as I have said in my earlier tales, I am a Merman, the sea is in my blood
scoff and laugh, when I approach you with my tail, you will be silenced with a quick thud.
But back to my Kayak I saw you at Cabela's looking so sexy last week
laying there on display, I had to inspect your undies, at least just a quick peek
You look solidly built and you better
for $1200 dollars they should include a fishing rod and a sweater.
Sorry, it's not about the money, it's about the sport
out on the open water, looking down at you landlubbers I'll snort.
Technically, I'll be sitting down low, so I'll be looking up
no matter at all, I shall still laugh and say to all whazzuppp?
But first, y'all help me out, most of you know my wife
tell her to be nice, and let me have my toy to enjoy some wildlife.
If we all ban together, think positive, and say "yes we can!"
Big Mando will finally get a win, get his way and say out loud "I'm the Man!"

No comments:

Post a Comment