Tuesday, May 24, 2016

5/24/16 Sunday Was Full O' Fun?

    We went down to my Mom's for a wedding Saturday, but Sunday was also going to be super busy.  I got up around noon, Wife had told me she wanted to leave by 11:00am, but she was fantasizing there.  She was already out of the shower, but I got out of bed, and just waved at her, "yeah yeah, I'm drinking coffee before you try to light a fire under my ass."  One of my aunts was there, so I sat with her and then Wife joined us.  Before we knew it, it was past two and I hadn't even taken a shower yet.  I went and tried to do my business, but no success, so I showered and we managed to get on the road by 4:00pm or so.  Surprisingly, I drove the whole way to my in-law's in San Antonio, I have been fighting this sleepiness that overcomes me almost every time I try to drive long distances.
    We had planned to stop at my in-laws, it was the oldest nephew's birthday, and they were cooking some briskets and cupcakes.  My stomach finally decided it was time to do its business, luckily we were there.  I pooped and promptly showered, my normal routine, I hate the thought of being dirty.  We gave our nephew a new baitcasting fishing rod and some fishing accessories, he recently got a kayak, something I've been wanting to do.  He had some awesome pictures of fish he has caught and some short videos of them out on the water goofing around in their kayaks. 
    It had to be after 8:00pm when we left, because we also had a graduation party to go to in Pfluggerville, actually.  It is just North of Austin on I-35.  I got sleepy leaving my in-laws place and Wife took over the driving about 10 miles from my in-laws house.  I sat in the passengers seat and fell asleep hard for about 20 minutes.  I woke up to the idea of getting off at Buc-ee's.  We stopped for gas and a piss break, and I got my second wind for driving.  I took charge and felt quite in control.  I called my coworker if they were still up.  She had said the party would be going late, but I called to double check.  We were the only people there, but understandably, it was about 10:15pm.  We sat for some cake and a soda.  She said most of the food was gone, but we had eaten at my in-laws.
    I hadn't met the daughter, she was very excited to be finished with her degree and already had a job as a SPED teacher in Leander.  I don't think I could do this job personally, but I'm glad there are people out there who make this their passion.  We left after 11:00pm. and Chubs tried his best to get out of going to school, but no luck.
    We were home close to midnight, promptly showered and laid down to write some blogs.  Going out of town always gives me fresh ideas to write about which I love.  I didn't even get a chance to talk to Boy, who stayed behind.  It's like my stomach knew it was home, it started gurgling and contracting.  I ended up pooping a second time, which again was followed by a quick shower

No comments:

Post a Comment