Wednesday, May 25, 2016

5/25/16 Two Boys Are Better Than One?

    Boy is back home for the summer and has even mentioned maybe staying home through the fall.  Wife is excited about the idea.  I love Boy and shed a tear when he "moved out", but I do like him in San Marcos during the week.  I don't want him on the freeway every day, Chubs and I have our routine, we eat in certain places during the week.  I kind of like the cheaper places if it is just us.  Boy is like taking a hot chick out to eat.  "No, I don't like Mexican food, how about we go have lunch all the way across town?"  No, idiot, I need to go to work, in a bit.  The restaurants in our immediate vicinity are like he is doing me a favor when he eats with us.  Wife has even gotten me used to using the coupons at Fuddrucker's and Luby's.  We went to Fuddrucker's Tuesday and I had a coupon for their "works" burger.  $8 for a regular burger with cheddar cheese, bacon, and mushrooms, I think.  Of course, it wasn't good enough for Boy, he ordered a similar but different burger.  Instead of $24 plus tax with fries and a drinks for the three of us, it was like $34 and change.  Oh well, I should be glad Mijo is eating with us.
    He is supposed to make my life easier by taking out the trash, cutting the grass, bringing in the trash cans, taking them out to the street, watching Chubs when I leave for work.  He is just as scared as me of raccoons and stuff by our trashcans at night, but he believes in the chupacabre, so it is worse to get him out of the house at night.  He will take the cans out to the street, but we have to remember for him.  I then have to tell him to bring in the cans in the evening.
    The one thing he excels at is watching Chubs.  They generally get along together, both play the same video games, and both like being in their own rooms.  This is nice, like tonight Wife had a last night school event.  Instead of figuring out what to do with him, or driving him halfway to Bastrop to give him over to Wife, I can just leave to work at whatever time.
    He starts working full time this week, so he will also have his own cash to spend instead of us supporting him and his expensive habits.  Little Shit is working us, saying he will have absolutely no money to take to Florida.  Wife eats it up, "Ok Mijo, Mom and Dad will give you spending money."  I say WTF?!  If he wants stuff, he should be able to work for his own money.  I've been giving Chubs $20 every paycheck all year long, he has about $500-600.  We give more than that to Boy, of course, he sucks at saving, so we have to step in and save him?  I don't like this at all, we already pay for his Jeep and gas via a Shell credit card.  I guess that is the price I have to pay for the luxury of having both boys living under one roof.  He should be working near 40 hours a week at about $14/hr.  We have about three weeks before we go to Florida, he can't save up $700-800 for the trip?  I don't mind paying for food and housing and tickets to the parks, but he should have some WAM- walk around money he makes.  He's old enough to drink, he should be old enough to buy his own Oakley sunglasses.  Cheap-ass wants to save his money for his comic-cons in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment