Friday, May 20, 2016

5/21/16 Weekends Are Supposed To Be Restful?

    This weekend has started out to be a busy one.  My sister's in-laws are having their 50th anniversary and to celebrate they are renewing their vows.  We decided to go out of respect for my brother in law and that is generally what family does for one another.
    Before we headed out of town, we had to get through today (Friday) and it was a busy one.  Chubs had a track and field day and Wife "demanded" I attend.  Since I only worked a partial night last night, I could not use work as an excuse.  I got up around 10:40am (because I still stayed up late to iron my slacks and dress shirt) and promptly woke Boy to share the suffering of being up early.  Boy was just asleep because he is lazy.  We got to the school and hung out to watch Chubs eat lunch, then finally go out and do some tug of war fun.  We hung out until around 2:00pm before going back to class.  Since it was just an hour before letting out, I asked the teacher if it would be okay to take Chubs out early.  She said he would be counted tardy, but it would be okay.  We did and headed to the mall.  Boy had been asking for new pants for a month or so and we finally got a chance to go.  He only seems to like the clothes from Buckle, and they do have a store card.  Boy was able to apply and get a store card, which gives him freedom to shop by himself in the future.  Chubs talked me into buying him some Affliction shirts ensuring he too will be a junior douche, like his bro bro.  We started heading home, Wife called she was on her way, by now it was closer to five.  Before I could relax, I had to stop and get some fancy wrapping paper for the gift for the wedding.  I did.
    Wife was home by the time I made it home, Boy had a friend over, we thought she was going to go eat with us, so we hung out a bit, figuring we would let the traffic in San Antonio settle down.  We then left after everything was packed, and stopped to eat at Zaxby's, next to Cabela's.  They sell chicken as wings or tenders.  It is our newest favorite place, so good.  We then said goodbye to Boy, he headed back to Austin in his Jeep (he works on the weekends)  and we finally headed to my Mom's around 7:00pm.  I was down to 30 miles of gas, but I like stopping at Buc-ee's, so we kept going.  We made it to Buc-ee's with 14 miles left on the readout thingy.  Of course, we killed another while in there, and then we were on our way.  We finally got to Crystal City around 10:40pm.  My folks were up, but my lame ass lawyer brother went to watch shitty baseball in Houston, and my sister was already in bed, with her kids already asleep.  Seems weird because my boys have always stayed up late on any given free day.
    We got caught up at the table, ate some pan dulce, then it was shower time.  I got out to watch my mom watching "Fear the Walking Dead".  It seems like a stupid show.  Wife watches those shows too and I don't understand why.  I would much rather watch "How Things Are Made" or a "House Hunters" episode.  It is 1:15am, I am writing this hungry, Chubs is eating a banana, but tomorrow will be busy so I didn't want to run to Carrizo Springs (~10 miles away) to the only place that serves food 24 hours a day.  I might shrink overnight, might not be able to sleep with my stomach growling, only some sweetbread (pan dulce) in there and all the junk food we ate on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment