Thursday, May 26, 2016

5/26/16 Chubs Has A Pokemon Theory?

    First of all, I love that my boys both think outside the box, I am sure they will succeed in whatever paths they choose to pursue.  Today, Chubs and I went to eat at Bill Miller.  We both love their chicken tenders and we hadn't gone in a couple weeks because we have been dieting, but while my toe heals, we are kind of floating and being lax about what we eat.
    Anyways, while we were waiting for our food, Chubs asked me if I had heard about the new dark theory about Pokémon?  I said "I know Ash has to catch them all, and his sidekick Brock wants to become a Pokémon trainer at a gym, and Misty exists to get the girls interested in  playing in the Pokémon world.  He agreed, but also said the new idea is that Ash is in a coma.  He has been dreaming everything that happens.  Pikachu is actually his first pet given to him by his uncle.  It got into some wires and got electrified, that is why he thinks about Pikachu as having shocking powers.  The same idea goes down the line, such as Squirtle is a pet turtle.  He must hate cats then because his enemies have Meow who is a talking cat and is the resident bad guy mascot.
    The idea makes a lot of sense to me, I mean who would really let ten year olds head off down the road to go capture and train Pokémon all around the world?  The idea is a bit ludicrous, not to mention the way they are battled is a little barbaric, much like Mexicans and their cock fights or "people" who fight dogs for sport.  The respective Pokémon are kept in balls and produced at the time of battle in an arena.  If they are injured, back to their balls to regenerate.  Only Pikachu has a habit of staying out and acting like a sidekick, all the others prefer being kept locked away.
    The "darkest" of the Pokémon has to be Q-Bone, which I believe I mentioned the last time I wrote a Pokémon blog.  He wears the skeleton of his dead mother as his shield and armor.  Her skull is his helmet.  Why?  This is supposed to be a cartoon aimed at 8-12 year olds.  Good imagery, Jerks. 
    I remember following the Pokémon story when Boy was little, we actually went to the movies a few times, some of the last theaters that weren't set up like stairs, such a good idea the way theaters are set up now.  The cartoons were always intense and the stories were good enough to get a couple tears in me going.  I decided I didn't need to be that invested when Mewtwo came out.  That is when they started getting weird.  I looked at some of Chub's playing cards, and some were just crystalline shapes or blurs.  If Ash is in a coma, he is on his tenth to fifteenth year, I can imagine his visions would start getting weird, specially if they are pumping him full of experimental medicines to try and cure him.

No comments:

Post a Comment