Thursday, May 5, 2016

5/5/16 Puppy On The Brain?

    It started about a month ago, Boy gone on the topic of dogs.  He said he wanted a big army dog to force him to become an outdoor guy.  I explained that he would end up forcing the dog to become an indoor dog, probably learn how to use a computer too, it's all the boy does.  We said no, and thought that was that.  This past weekend my folks came up and just as they had picked up their new puppy, a miniature dachshund.  Cutest pup we've seen in a long time, even Wife who probably argued with god that she didn't need a mother/father to be born.  That woman is a walking turtle, NEVER wants anything that isn't food.  It is actually very annoying, but anyways...
    She was looking through the breeder's web page where my mom got Chloe, and I was OK with the idea except that those cute little puppies have price tags of $900-$1300.  That is expensive, although they do offer some sort of guarantee on their website.  This got Chubs thinking, he researched on his own and decided that a beagle would be the perfect pup for him.  Today (Monday), he made me go to his room to see the website he was on.  It showed that the beagle was the perfect kid dog.  I went online to look for them on Craigslist, but no beagles were to be found, and we don't want a mix that might end up getting too big.  We want the dog to be indoors.  The problem with the beagles are that the one place I found in Texas has a bunch, but they go for $1800-3050.  I definitely will not pay that kind of money.
    I went back to Craigslist, because I can't figure where else to look, and no, sorry, I don't want a used dog, you take it and save it.  I want a pup that we teach from day one.  It almost seems too good to be true, until I see the pups in person, we found a pair of mini Yorkies for sale at $250 a piece.  They are beautiful in the pictures, perfect looking really, is why I won't believe until I see them in person.  The guy just e-mailed me back awhile ago and he says he still has them.  Actually asked me a bunch of questions on the email about our experience with dogs, what kind of environment we live in, questions that somebody that cares would ask.  I feel better that he did, tells me he's not just treating the dogs like a cash machine.  The pups already have their first shots, they even come with a cage and some toys to get started.  Maybe my parents paid too much, or maybe yorkies are a pain in the ass, but they look like the type of dogs ditzy chicks carry in purses.
    If we don't end up with these dogs, I don't know how I am going to get my little bear of my back.  Chubs was actually texting me all night until he went to bed:  "puppy please"   "dad, can we get a puppy?"  "puppy!!!!"  and other variations.  I thought Boy was a pain in the ass, Chubs might be worse when he wants something.

No comments:

Post a Comment