Tuesday, May 3, 2016

5/3/16 Kids Become Their Parents?

    Wife is slightly missing the point.  She keeps telling me that my boys are going to become just like me, I need to watch what I say.  Uhhh, I didn't land on the planet last week, I hope both boys grow up like me, I am a freaking excellent human being.  Her biggest problem is that she keeps saying I am sexist.  When you insist on looking for something, even if it isn't there, you will bend reality and fit what you want into your box.  I put my foot down and demand to be believed that I am not sexist.  I am a realist, and I want my boys to be that.  Like I said last week, we are not the same, males and females.  I work mostly with women, I like that, they have more empathy, they ask about how your day or weekend was or is going.  I don't come in thinking these bitches better have set me up so I can shine like a mofo.  I look forward to learning from them, and I love the almost family quality.  My daytime counterpart gets after me like my mom at times, I know she cares about my best interest.  Guys don't give half a crap, give me women coworkers any day.
    A brilliant example from Chubs this weekend, we went and saw Jungle Book, and at the end, a female wolf takes over the pack as the alpha after her "husband" is killed.  When the lights came on, Chubs quickly pointed out "that would never happen, another male would take over."  Wife said "see, you want to keep telling them males rule..."  I have never been prouder, that is grown up logic extended by an 11 year old.  Boy is studying for an engineering degree and Chubs says he wants to be a geneticist.  Guess who has been telling them all their lives that money is in the sciences?  That's right, I want my boys to be like me. 
    How about on the flip side.  That jerk lady that blocked me in the pick-up lines and I yelled at her at Chub's school apparently has a jerk kid, hmm, can you believe that?  Chubs tells me every day he runs around trying to get everybody to play tag, when people say no, he loses it.  Yesterday, some girl changed her mind because her girl friend said she'd play.  He came back and got in her face yelling "how come now you want to play, just because so and so said she would play?  He was also bragging last week on a field trip that he was the smartest kid in the bus because he was headed to some other school, he was selected to participate in the same type of classes Chubs was.  Our boy tried telling him he was offered a spot at his school, but he chose one of the other ones, mostly because it is closer to the house making it easy for us to drop him off and pick him up.  I guess he learned to be a pain in the ass from his mama.
    Boy had a friend with a very confrontational mom.  She was a pain in the ass, she was cool with us, but most of her stories she would tell us consisted of her having words with her customers.  We always said she has to be a pain in the ass out in the real world.  Is it any surprise when one of her kids ends up having a probation officer in fifth grade?  Not really.  I'm surprised the other boys turned out almost normal.  But then again, Boy's friend was at our house most every weekend, we'd even take him out of town with us.  When he first started coming around in 3rd or 4th grade, he'd sit in the back and mimic me if I was getting after Boy.  I confronted him about it, and after awhile taught him to be more respectful.  I believe I made him a decent human, he could have very easily been jail material by junior high.

No comments:

Post a Comment