Saturday, January 9, 2016

1/9/16 Friday Was A Weird Day?

   Friday was a weird day, which was started by them telling me at work to go home early.  This has never really happened before, that I can remember, but my boss told me to take the early release I normally do on my second weekk, if it is slow on the first week, and hopefully it will pick up before next week.  Since I was already dragging butt from my previous two week vacation, and my slight sickness, I figured I would make this a blessing and not a damnation.  I came home, ate a salad with Wife and supposedly went to bed early, by six hours.
    The problem was that I don't normally sleep straight, and after a couple hours, I was awake and having a hard time going back to sleepy time.  I farted around the computer until around 5:30am, and only then went to sleep so Wife wouldn't get me to be Chub's breakfast runner.  My plans to get up early and do some things was now ruined.  I slept until 9:30, got up, thought about working out, then  went back to bed.
    Wife finally texted about 1:30pm, asking what I had been up to.  Told her I was still asleep, and miraculously, she let me continue my bad ways.  So much for doing the bills before she got home.
    I did get up, Boy and I went to pick up Chubs, then I took my truck to get washed, I wasn't sure because it kind of looked like rain, but I did buy me an unlimited supply of car washes for a year, so we ate at Fuddrucker's, in the mean time.
    I then got a text from our old neighbor, my phone had not rang in a week or so.  After playing twenty questions and making sure her BF was not included, we invited her to dinner with us.  Wife had been texting her too and they were talking about Cooper's BBQ and its grand opening.  We drove around downtown, but did not see it, we kind of gave up and settled on Habana's Cuban Restaurant, which we probably ate there like ten years ago.  The appetizer nachos was proably the best thing on the table, the mojito did not appear to use mint leaves, there was no minty smell.  None of us loved our meal, it was all like a bad mexican meal, maybe that is why it had been so long between our visits.
    We then took our friend to the house for awhile since it was only 10pm or so.  We talked about this and that, showed her what we've been doing around the house, moving beds and such, and made loose plans for next week, if it stays warm-ish to maybe try out the hot tub.  It was a good start to the weekend, I hate that we are not busy, but I love that at least we got peeps to hang with on the slow nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment