Wednesday, January 20, 2016

1/21/16 Allergies Under Control?

    It took longer than it should have, but I finally stopped my skull from leaking.  I have progressively gotten worse every year, but they say it happens to people who move to central Texas.  I was fine through most of the Christmas break, but right before going back to work I started sneezing and with a constantly running nose, I was going through rolls of toilet paper in bed just blowing my nose every time I opened my eyes.  I generally don't like taking pills, as I like Carolla's advice of wait three days and most things will pass.  This works for a mild ear infection to a regular cough.  So I put off dealing with my cough thinking if it is a cold, it will pass, just what I deserve for going on vacation, my body punishing me.
    After being at work two weeks and the symptoms not changing, I told Wife or she probably suggested if I wanted something from the pharmacy to try.  My initial response is no, because it seems she is always looking for a reason to stop at a different store and give them our money, but after leaking for two weeks, I had enough.  She brought pills that would make me drowsy and some non-drowsy.  Since I work a twelve hour shift, I can't really afford to take the drowsy variety, those are probably formulated for the non-employables, keep them on their asses and out of trouble.  I took two pills after hearing my friend that she was taking double the amount because she was a big girl, I thought hmmm, that sounds like something.  Wife had discussed this idea with the pharmacist, which she asked is he big, like 180lbs? Wife said "no, big like 380lbs."  Oh, yeah, one pill isn't going to do much, he can try two.
    I had to call myself a genius and thank my friend for this suggestion.  I had taken antihistamine pills before and not noticed anything, so I thought they were useless, but two of just these generic pills that covered all my symptoms stopped my coughing and hacking almost instantly.  I had a sore throat from where I had been hacking so much and that has gone away too.  My question now is how do I figure how long should I take the pills for.  It has been over a week, and I tried today going out and as soon as I did, I sneezed about ten times just while saying hi to the school crossing guard, and talking to Wife while we ate had me feeling like I was choking with something in my throat.  I took one pill, instead of two, then another one four hours later, at dinner.  I am trying to ween myself off, I don't like taking pills for anything.  I will admit, I haven't been dreaming deep in a while, with dreams and stuff, so I took the drowsy type pills and they do help to get you into that REM sleep.  Woke up feeling refreshed, should probably keep doing that, but again I don't want to rely on pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment