Monday, January 11, 2016

1/11/16 Maybe All This Man Needs Is A Quest?

    I hate to say that most of the weekend was spent lying around in and out of sleep.  I know other people are doing the same thing, shoot Wife got up both days after I did.  Chubs got up after we both did, so why do I feel like a failure?
    I think what really separates the men from the squires is the responsibility of a quest.  I need to pack a spare underwear and get on the road, maybe save a damsel in distress.  I might have lost my mojo when we sold our original house, it certainly has felt that way.  Life has seemed too easy as of late, bills are just a murmur, regardless of Wife's Lectures.  We eat too much, we have too much on our DVR to watch, we leave the house only to go buy more snacks.
    How do we change this happy go lucky lifestyle?  Wife insists we do have "questy" things to do.  She is always carrying on about our RV out on our lot by the lake.  I hate the idea of driving out there to look at it and say oh, ok.  My new truck doesn't yet have the fifth wheel hitch, so even if I needed to bring it back to civilization, I wouldn't be able to do it.  Then when she gets tired of bringing up the RV, she brings up the boat.  The boat has been in a storage unit in Kyle, I have used that place for like five years, occasionally they call and we've had to move sites in the past.  It has now been over a year that we have seen the boat, and although I would love to pick it up and get it ready to run for the summer, we have a fear for the cost of a tune up, so again, why go visit it, if all I can do is look at it and say oh, ok?
    I'm a lame fatass, my quests happen before sun up and sun down, I loved it when we were looking for our second house, driving from San Marcos to Dripping Springs, to as far as Round Rock and even up to Taylor.  A great new quest would have me on a new boat full of half naked hotties chanting "Mando's #1".  That would be a great kickstart to the spring.  All the lakes are mostly full again, a boat would get me outside getting some sun on my skin, maybe rescue somebody out on the lake, have people call me Don Armando or Capt. Mando.
    It's up to you peeps, y'all need to see my greatness and recognize it.  I don't mean just tip your hat, or say "watcha, Este Vato!!!!" no, I mean name your firstborn after me.  Or next time you're with your Sancha, bounce a quarter off her ass, if it lands on tails, say "this is for Don Mando!"

No comments:

Post a Comment