Sunday, January 3, 2016

1/3/16 Ode To Vacation? (poem)

To be free of work, perchance work for free
that might be what I would do if I weren't me.
Because I am shitty, and selfish, and petty, and mean
all I have managed to do is sleep, and eat, and act like a Frankenstein.
Wife said we would clean the house, make it much nicer
maybe the xmas decorations will be put away, she should be wiser.
We've visited family, both near and far
took Boy's friends along which were both at once shock and awed.
to dance with the devil requires some good insulated boots
listening to my brother dispense thought requires diluting his toots.
It has been nice, everyday sleeping til 2:00
it is not often that we hang low and move as fast as glue.
At night, we are busily working on catching up with our shows
kinda sux that we don't get any of the northern peoples' snows.
twas the night before Christmas, we were expecting at least cold
nope said the weather gods, how's 80 and the sun looking like gold?
It is after New Year's, the toys have all been played with
did Santa grow more powerful or is he now just a myth?
Chubs has stopped worrying about his behavior
acting like his Mom is not his Savior.
He is becoming a pre-teen adolescent, full of questions and spice
not outright rude, but not quite as nice.
We suspect he will become a bit of a handful as he gets bolder
Daddy will just remind him "I am a Master Moulder."
I take knuckleheads and make them winners
if that doesn't work I just get meaner.
But here we are, a couple more days of rest
at least I don't feel quite as stressed
I figure getting back to work is the next thing I can do
After all that I have spent, it is probably overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment