Monday, January 18, 2016

1/18/16 Time Sure Flies, When You Run Back and Forth on I-35?

    Two weeks ago, my brother in law, his wife, and four kids showed up in Austin for some Big Mando love.  I think that since gas has fallen below $1.60/gallon, he has been trying to get his vehicle slowly to 1,000,000 miles.  They called about getting together somewhere between San Antonio and Austin, but at the rate I move, they ended up getting here.  I thought it was good because we wound up eating at Mandola's, which I really do like.  After finishing our dinner I proclaimed this was great and we should do it again in a couple of weeks.  My brother in law quickly said yeah, that would be good, I said since you all drove all the way up here, we'll drive down and meet you in New Braunfels at Cooper's BBQ.
    Time passes, as it always does, last week I didn't even leave the house and spent most of my time asleep, so when Wife said we have a dinner date with my brother this weekend, I was all what? What are you talking about?  I figured it was a nice day and I do love driving around in my new truck, so hell's yeah, let's go burn some of this cheap fuel while we can.  They were already on their way to Cabela's, so we headed there, and while we waited, we found some "cheap" $10 gloves for Me, Wife, and Boy.  Boy was at work, but he has a sixth sense and knows when money is being spent.
    Eventually, Brother in Law and his family arrived at Cabela's, we walked around another half hour, and we then headed to Cooper's BBQ.  Eating was pretty good, I enjoy their blackened brisket, which they smoke until cooked.  There was sausage and potato salad and coleslaw, but good brisket is why I drove so far.  Wife ordered some more to bring home for Boy and we then headed back.  Just before  we left, like an infection on my leg, all four of my nephews circled me and asked if they could come to the house.  I said sure, Chubs doesn't have school tomorrow, so there is no rush to get to bed.  I asked my Brother in Law if he was going to drive back to Austin, considering they had already driven most of the way there, to get to Cabela's earlier.  He said they didn't have anything better to do, so it would be alright.  Chubs rode with them, they headed to the house, me, like a junkie who can't help himself, stopped at Buc-ee's just to fill up a little bit with their $1.50/gallon gas.
    We got home to the kids already running around, Boy ate some of the brisket, and was getting ready to leave to his apartment as classes start this week, but decided to spend one more night here with us, since we're probably going to be up late.  Wife had talked with Girlie's mom earlier, and she stopped by to say hi to my brother in law and just to see their four kids, she did not recall them having that many kids.
    I write this around 11:00pm on Sunday night, I will now relax the rest of the evening, catch up on some TV, check out the football scores, if I'm lucky maybe even see a House Hunters or one of those shows.  Right now, I want one more soda before starting the week back in diet mode.  This was a good weekend, did not sleep as much during the day, but I do wish it was warmer.  Allergy pills are working, no more coughing, but my sinuses are super dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment