Monday, January 4, 2016

1/4/16 Newest Toy, Let's See?

    I am writing this on my newest toy/medical device/furniture, either way, Wife fought it up to a point.  We got a new bed for our bedroom, not only in King size, but also with the functions of having feet and head that go up and down.
    This is now the fourth bed we have bought for us, as a happily married couple.  The first one was from Sam's Club, probably when we were still in the Royal Crest Apartments.  Back then I was rolling through life in a California King Water bed, I loved it, and it loved me.  Wife came to live with me after we found out she was preggers.  First thing to go with a pregnant wife of course, was my beloved waterbed.  Since we were low on funds, we headed to Sam's, and bought a cheap king sized bed, since Boy was coming and he would be sleeping between us for the next ten years.
    Because it was a cheap mattress, it only lasted a few years in our room before I convinced myself I needed a better bed.  We then went and got a pillow top bed, and moved the king bed to Boy's room for a couple years.  We moved to the big house with the pillow top as our bed, but when we went to Rooms To Go to buy a bedroom set for the room where Boy's friend slept for a year, we bought in to the foam mattress excitement, and moved the pillow top over to the guest room housing Boy's friend. That mattress I was never fond of, and very quickly wanted out of, but I was stuck with it until we paid it off.  It was, first of all, a hot mattress, because we had to keep a waterproof liner, basically a plastic sheet on it at all times.  Then because it was foam, there were no springs to help with the lovemaking.  Get on your knees and you'll start sinking like a cow in quicksand, moo!
    So now I have a foam/spring combo.  It is a very thick mattress, with a thick layer of foam over a layer of springs.  I've been on it enjoying it being lazy all afternoon and evening, but I'll decide in the morning if I like it or not.
    If the first night is any indication, it should be a great bed for years to come.  At one point, around 11:00am, I even got up with a spring in my step to go pee.  Because we have been staying up late, I came back to bed, and slept until 2:00pm, but that is besides the point.  The sales guy said they have worked on the foam layer, it is no longer a heat trap, and actually, for the first time, I was thinking we could have used an extra blanket, something I haven't thought in years.  So for now, yeaih!! for the new bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment