Saturday, January 16, 2016

1/17/16 Mini Quest?

    Wife has been on my rear end to traverse the great hills of the central plains of the great land of Texas.  She needs to inspect the condition of our summer cottage, which has been hidden in plain sight at one of our many parcels of land that I have garnered through worthy battles.  The powers that be have granted me so many small parcels of land, that sometimes I am not sure which land I have left my mobile cottage, but alas. as the saying goes, "start at the last place you looked."
    Before mounting my vessel and making sure I have feed for my 385 horses, I check to see who will mount this journey with me, and behold but one fair maiden and her squire surely with nary a thing on thine dockets, find themselves available to quest with this noble knight and his maiden and of course, their young squire.  A map of the lands was drawn, and our quest thus began.  The distance to be tracked shall approximate 58 miles, but with their magical enchantments, the vessel shall mark of the distance in a mere hour or so.
    As was suspected by the great knight, the summer cottage is in decent shape, except for needing to be washed down, and waxed.  They did carry the keys to the locks and so an inspection of the insides were also done with a fine tooth comb.  It appeared to the untrained eye, that the cottage appears to just have been placed their yesterday, but then again, the sun was making for its evening resting place upon the hills.
    After securing the confidence of mine Wife that our rolling cottage was ok, I then made for the shores of the great waters of Canyon Lake of the Greater New Braunfels territory in central Texas.  Easily the waters were at an all time high from what I had noticed the last time I had seen this majestic lake.  We would have gladly stayed with the lake to see the Sun disappear completely for the evening, except that the winds blowing from the North did not let us enjoy the view and forced us into the safety of my magical vessel and its many horses.
    Feeling celebratory after a successful quest, I then offered a feast of ice cream in the form of blizzards from the land of the Dairy Queen.  All were content as her castle was sitting warm and wonderful.  Heading back to the major thoroughfare known as IH-35, my horses needed to be fed, so I stopped at Buc-ee's for more of that magical elixir for my horses.  We were at my main castle by 7:00PM, and frankly, I needed a quick resupplemmenting of my sleeping strength, lately, any venture outside of my castle, expends my energy to the point of making me fall into a sleep pattern.
    The evening was ended by going to feast at Torchy's Tacos down on the southside of the magical land of Austin, on the streets of South Lamar.  We waited until almost 10:00pm to go looking for dinner, so most of the normal feasting venues were closed.  It was another glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment