Thursday, January 7, 2016

1/8/16 I Think I'm Sick?

    Sucks after being off two weeks to come back to work, not new and feeling strong, but sick, coughing and dreary.  I just burned through too much personal time off (PTO) that I can't take anymore.  I save those hours for good times, not to lay home in bed feeling like crap.
    Part of the reason of getting sick has to be Wife likes to keep the house near freezing.  There was a time when I was fine with keeping a window open during the cooler months, but I have to stop with this.  We play a game of chicken when we turn off A/C.  I tell her turn on heater if you are cold and she tells me the same thing.  I don't want to be a wimp, but then I get sick.  The little heater in the bathroom will routinely say it is 59, and it can't be good for us to sleep in that cold a temperature.
    Boy long ago found a loophole by keeping a small heater in his room.  He keeps his room a toasty 80 degrees while we freeze, I don't think he worries about our electric bill like we do.  Chubs is a little barrel shaped heater, like his Mama, he rarely complains of the cold, but we did get him his own room heater too, if he was feeling cold.  As perfectly as things can go, when we bought Chubs his heater, I got one for our room, of course, Boy's heater burned out because he runs it way too much, so I gave him what would have been my salvation, the sacrifices we make for our kids.
    Tonight, I came home for lunch with a painful throat and pounding ear, and I said enough, downstairs the thermostat read 66, I turned on the house heater and within 10 minutes I felt my body finally relaxing with the warmth.  I am not sure if it is because we keep a cold house, but I told her after this warm up the next few days, I will be running the heater, for my health.
    All my symptoms could be from allergies too, it is mostly congestion, which I snort in every couple minutes, which makes my ears stop up, then I can't hear normally and my ears start hurting, then if I burp or cough my ear hurts a lot, so all the symptoms build on themselves.
    There is also the stiff back pain, which I think I caused by starting my walking again, since coming back to work Monday night.  It could also be the new bed, but I was fine Saturday and Sunday night, with no pains until after I worked Monday night.  I swear, this getting old business is no fun, I feel like I need to get in shape just to age better.

No comments:

Post a Comment