Thursday, January 21, 2016

1/22/16 What Happened To Shame In Our Society?

    What is more pathetic than these grown ass men standing on our busy street corners asking for money day in and day out?  I understand and will look the other way when it is an old man or a female of some sort, but these men-children, there are jobs to be gotten, have some self respect and quit begging.  Every day, as I am driving in, it is the same faces I see.  You can look at a man's face and see when they are young.  Some of these "bums" look 30-40, get off your young ass and work.
    These freaking cold sores that just pop up and expect the rest of us to support them, worse yet, some of you are dumb enough to give them money, why?  They want beer money, not your half eaten burger, Dummy!  They seem to be spreading.  Usually, I see them working the lights around the freeway on Slaughter.  There are plenty of gas stations and lights there.  The other morning just this week, I saw one set up with his little sign of desperation at 6:00am, when I am coming home after working twelve hours.  He was at 1st and Slaughter, it is not even lit well there, maybe he is working it to see how it'll feel later, they are putting bigger signal lights, I think they may be fixing to add another lane or two.
    Tonight, I was gassing up at Walmart around midnight, coming back to work, and I got the now common "hey Buddy, can you help me out with a gallon of gas?" No!  This guy has been doing this routine for at least four years, he sits in the Walmart parking lot, waits for you to start gassing up, then approaches with his five gallon container.  How convenient to have the right size container in case some "good guy" wants to give a little more.  When I was driving a diesel he asked for diesel, back when it was $3.80 a gallon.  I thought fuck you, if you can't afford a man's truck, get a different vehicle.  He hit me up a couple of times, it gets easier to say no, after a while.  Maybe it was a different guy, I said no, I had already seen him sitting in his car, it is turned on the whole time I stop, run my card, start gassing, the wind was chilly so I walked to the front, then he did his begging routine, I said no, he stopped and stared like he had never been told no before.  I turned away from him, not giving him a chance to engage the conversation, then he slowly went back, but his car was still on, I guess he needed his heater on because it was cold.
    Is this a crime?  He didn't do anything more than ask a question, but I certainly had avoided gassing up at night for awhile because of this.  I just didn't want to stop in the morning when it'll be colder.  These people are like roaches and it is all you dumb a-holes who give them money and food that continue the cycle.  If a roach comes into your house and it is very clean, it will move on, but if the same roach comes into a new territory and people take pity and start feeding them, why would they leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment