Thursday, January 28, 2016

1/28/16 We Suck At Grocery Shopping?

    I honestly think this was made harder by the douchebags who banned plastic bags here in town.  We go to the HEB about once a month and really fill a basket up.  Wife has gotten smarter and when we know we are going to do this, we head to the HEB in Kyle.  It is a little further out, but then we don't have to dick around with the issue of plastic bags.
    Some stores like Central Market will "give you" a couple paper bags, which is what the a-holes at HEB should have done, convert to paper bags.  It has been over a year, and I still don't think about carrying bags with me.  I have a job and kids and a busy ass life freaking hippies, I don't sit around thinking about carrying a bag of bags when I want to purchase something, it is so inconvenient.  HEB sells these hardier plastic bags for $1.00 which I usually end up buying 3-4 every time I go to the store.  What are you going to do with the one that carries the meat, it usually gets blood residue, throw it away.  Is that any better than the other bags which get stuffed in the closet with the other 1000 recyclable bags?  When I get pissed at our collection of plastic bags, guess where they go?  Yeah the same dump you didn't want the super thin translucent ones going to.  Guess which one is going to take even longer to decompose?  I hope you a-holes dislocated a shoulder patting yourselves on the back.
    Anyways, because there is never any food at home, we end up eating out every day.  This morning I was in the mood for a little orange juice, I asked Wife next time she goes to the store, which she must have fallen off the wrong side of the bed, cause she snapped that I could just as easily go to the store.  I said fine, so now I will start going more often.  I always take it personally when I am snapped at, so I was feeling "alright bitch, I'm only gonna buy healthy food, see what you do to eat."  Then I remember I too am a fat ass, and we like too much of the same food, so I get over it. 
    We do need a better system than what we are doing.  After I went and got the food, which there was sandwich material, we still ended up going to eat at Whataburger.  I am now ordering a single meat instead of a double meat, but I'm sure a sandwich at home would still be better, for the ass and the wallet.
    Chubs is going to have late days on Mondays and Wednesdays, but still get out at three the rest of the week, this is the kind of stuff where I say it is easier to just eat at Bill Miller, it's on the way.  Or maybe we feel like some ChickFilA, never disappoints, always delicious, or a burger at Wendy's.  Maybe a fancy burger at Fuddrucker's, I do love those fat fries.  See? We will never succeed at dieting, all these places are within a mile of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment