Wednesday, January 6, 2016

1/6/16 To Do List, Now That We're Staying?

    We have refinanced our house, so we aren't going anywhere for awhile.  Time to get off my ass and make the house as nice as possible.  I have been lazy, maybe lethargic as far as doing simple maintenance on things to keep house going.  For a while, Boy had told me his shower was not draining properly, but he showers so fast, I didn't know it was a real problem.  Turns out, nobody uses the secondary bathroom upstairs for anything more than peeing.  I finally got the message, he had a handful of people over for three nights, but they all lined up for bathroom downstairs, mostly ignoring bathroom next to his room.
    I rarely go in this bathroom, but I have been shooing away Chubs from our bathroom in the mornings, yet he refuses to use it.  So not only was the water draining slowly, the diverter that sends the water up was not working, so shower had very little pressure and most of the holes were plugged up.  I am working on this, hopefully in a day or two, all will be squared away and like new.  I realize I also need to hang new towel holders and even a toilet paper holder as my animals or their friends knocked them off the wall.
    The bathroom downstairs which I used a couple of times during the break, because I was too lazy to walk upstairs needs some changes.  I bought that curved shower curtain holder and even some thicker shower curtains because nothing sucks more than showering and having the cheapest of shower curtains clinging to your skin as you are cleaning yourself.  There also appeared to be a tiny leak in the downstairs toilet from the freshwater inlet, but the new hose still seemed to be leaking, I didn't want to lean all my strength into it, but I might have to go stronger.
    I am really wanting to change some floors in the house, the kitchen linoleum is ok, but I tore a small area out a couple years ago moving furniture and that spot has always bothered me.  I want wood floors, but I worry with the kitchen getting water spills and what not.  Maybe a linoleum which looks like a dark wood floor would work.
    The pool needs to be dealt with this year.  I had found a company that dealt with finding leaks in plumbing, maybe I should get them to fix it before the spring, so we can actually use it this summer, at least enjoy it aesthetically.  If we get our finances under control, I would love some sort of shade mechanism in our big hunk of concrete in the back, so we can hang out outside before the sun sets, it is so hot, when the sun just beats down.


Something like this for shade

or maybe even something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment