Friday, August 7, 2015

8/8/15 Giving Up Power?

    I have always been Mr. Man around Wife and home life.  I believe the man should be the main provider and he should always take the lead.  This worked great until recently, I believe  I broke something while pushing my limits getting old house ready to sell, as I simply don't have stamina I used to.  For example, when we drove to Florida  the other six times, I easily drove 90% of the time.  This last time, I was getting drowsy and had to hand over driving duties closer to 50% and I wouldn't  be surprised  if she actually drove a little longer than me.
    My Mom was giving me crap last time we came to Corpus, we drove together  in her car and she could see me fighting that sleepy feeling.  She said to quit putting my family in danger and just let my wife drive.  She is capable and I won't win anything but end up in an accident with my foolish behavior. 
    Today we came to Corpus  again and I did not hesitate.  Before we got out of the house, I told her you are driving.  I worked last night, got out at 6:30am.  I was getting in bed around 8am and the plan was to leave between noon and 1pm.  Noon meant less than 4 hours sleep and that turned into 1pm.
    On top of only sleeping 4-5 hours, Wife had me try melatonin for my poor sleep.  I don't  know if it helped but I had a very vivid dream about pooping in a trash bag in what I thought was some sort of private room but that turned out to be where people  went for a study.  There was a guy talking through the walls which I then felt compelled  to go give a piece of my mind.  Upon discovering that it was all very professional  and my wife's friend proving it was no big deal to poop in front of people by stripping to her birthday suit and pooping, I left thanking the doctor/weirdo.  There was even a station with a nurse and some sort of umbrella  contraption to prevent  over spray of water but allow the washing of the genital region.  I remember getting all excited about this...
    At this point, I woke up thinking I am too excited about peeing, dammit, I bet I peed myself.  But no.  I must have gotten up just in time, whew.  Good thing Wife was being loud!!
    I said I would stay up and converse with Wife in car, but I fell asleep.  Going into Buc-ee's I awoke and then before entering Rockport I awoke.  The heat did not help trying to stay awake.
    Rockport is out of the way, but my in-laws said we could use their RV for the weekend.  Our hotels have been costing $150-$170, so a little  extra driving is saving us over $300.  I did manage to drive to my folks RV which is almost an hour away.
    We waited for my sister and her family, then we finished the night with dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse.  It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment