Wednesday, August 26, 2015

8/26/15 Temptation Lurks All Around

    I have no problem saying I am a very materialistic person.  I want one of everything, just in case.  I am trying to curb my wants, not spend money just because I can.  Yesterday, I made two simple stops, one pissed me off, the other left me wanting more.
    I was waiting for Wife to have dinner and decided to go to the Sprint store.  First of all, the two dingbats up front seemed more interested in their conversation which is fine, but I asked where the Sprint phones were at.  They just said all of them and went back to staring at each other.  I stupidly tried to go an extra sentence, into a conversation they had ended.  I said "oh, used to be you also had Nextel phones in here."  Both of them stopped, gave that bitchy young girl knows how to write her name so she must know everything and said in unison, "no Sir, never.  We just have Sprint."  Idiots hadn't had their first period the last time I was in the store, never mind they never offered to show me any phone in particular.
    I was then bothered by the new gimmick of "renting" the phones for two years at $10-$30 a month.  Doing this times 4 is going to add up.  Pissing off your customers is no way to conduct business, Sprint.  Every other phone company has the same phones, get smarter, now.
    I then went over to a mattress store.  I was thinking of a full, maybe a queen bed for our fifth bedroom, it doesn't have any direction right now, maybe my lounge room, but that's a little lame.  The guy, being a decent salesman, got me on a Temper-Pedic Breeze mattress after I told him our foam bed is always warm.  This test bed had all the bells and whistles, the head and feet lifted, it vibrated, it did feel cool, but DAMN!!  He coolly says "it'll be $7400 plus tax."  Wife eventually got there, and I forced her on the bed, she hates testing anything in public.  He got the price down closer to $4000, without the vibrating massage, wired controller instead of wireless and a closeout mattress, still the same thing.  I really want/wanted to do it, but Wife pulled me out with her no, no, no.
    After talking more about it at the house, she said she would leave it up to me.  She read some negative reviews online which she told me about, so I guess I am leaning no right now.  But I do not sleep well, probably cause I'm a swollen cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment