Friday, August 14, 2015

8/15/15 I Am Not Offended?

    We had a really nice afternoon today.  Wife came and woke me, I had worked last night, Chubs had thought we were going to Schlitterbahn, but I had a huge headache and it seemed weird to go after Wife had worked all day.  Boy then suggested he needed a couple things for school, so shopping became the idea of the day.
    He said the one thing that bothered him last year was the glare that came into his room, so if we could buy him some curtains it would be great.  Since I had the thought of getting some more curtains  for Chubs' old room, we started at JCPenney.  I have their curtains that block out the sun in three rooms already and now will be doing the same thing to another room.  The family room with the projector needs them to see movies/football games while the sun is out.  I have them in our bedroom to help me sleep during the day, and I swear even the annoying barking dogs are cut to the point that I don't go to sleep wishing they died.  I also added them to my "man cave" since I sleep there occasionally.  Since Chubs took my "man cave", he figured that room was bigger than his, I have to re-do his room to my needs.  This starts with moving the massage table over there, adding the blackout curtains, and eventually getting rid of the happy yellow on the walls and probably painting the room in more burnt orange.
    After this, we went and got Boy some boots for school at Shepler's.  We went back and forth with Chubs, he wanted boots but he doesn't want to wear jeans.  We then went to Ashley's and I was prepared to buy Chubs a nice desk for his room, but apparently it has been so long since we used our credit card, they closed the account.  Since our big picture goal is to refinance the house, I decided not to re-apply for a new card.  We left, I could have bought desk, we still have some of the cash from house sell, but I decided we could come back.
    Longhorn Steakhouse was next and they do not disappoint.  At a Steakhouse, order a freaking steak.  Yum.  To make it better, Boy had asked for one of their specialties where they put onions and bacon on top, the waittress apologized when she came with a regular steak and said he would get a new steak.  This meant extra steak for all, I got the biggest piece, and left feeling quite full.
    Boy suggested Half-Price Books, and since I am without a book right now, I said sure.  The stacks of old records always get my attention, I even bought Boy a recoord player a few years ago knowing he would loose interest and I would take it from him.  Tonight, he said I could take it, as he never used it.  Since I am re-doing the other room, it is a perfect time.  I got about five albums, two Miles Davis because I insist I like old jazz, some Bach, a collection of 60's hits, and even a flute lead band.  A couple I got because they were $1.99, but the Miles Davis were new, sealed and $13.99.  I like the idea of a record, you have to stay with it to listen to it.  It's not like an Ipod you shove in your ears and take with you.
    We take our selections to the front to pay and the older lady cashier, maybe a little judgy-judge, tells me when you walked in I wasn't sure what you would get, but I never expected you to be getting these records.  I said, yeah, I like being different, I'm a special breed.  I then added I do a lot of different things you wouldn't expect, I write a blog daily, and I am working on writing my own books.
    I am not offended by her comments because I know I look like a generic fat hispanic dad.  I get to stay under the radar, in a couple of years when my stories make me rich, I'll wear a fedora, or something douchy.  Do I really want to look like the guy that gets identified at the door as "oh yeah, that guy listens to vinyl, he's cool..."?????

No comments:

Post a Comment